Thread: To grade, or not to grade!!!

Default Weimar 50 millionen

attached to post
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Weimar 100 mark

Attached to post. Proof.

Default Weimar 5 millionen, 10k, and 1 billion(Trillion) mark coins

Attached to post. The 10K is MS64. Well I will have to work on how to post the trillion mark coin....it is too big. So I added the 1/4 million mk for now.
    Last edited by ruthenium; 12-15-2021 at 10:09 PM.

https://youtu.be/IgJL-ITau-0

Video of my haul...
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Default 1804 VF 20 details

Windweaver. Grading coins is a pain with postage and insurance. The coin value should be worth the time. Sometimes, I find it better to buy coins that are in a body-bag so to speak. Bought graded from seller. It didn't make the grade he wanted, but it fits my budget. Details as designated as repaired. I really like this one. I may crack it out for my album of large cents.....old school me I have cracked them all to put in my album. True rarity can stand on its own, I can't see better than MS64 anymore anyway without a loupe.

i've been glancing ebuy of graded morgan.
    I seeing alot of pcgs and ngc slabs that don't look their grade.

ex. how can this be a ms64? had standard slipped
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/185476379811...QAAOSwCCFis22o

Default Yellow snow.

That coin would be a MS63+ front to me, but bid the coin not the holder. It seems well bid. So Somebody thinks it is OK, at least at that price. Still a day to go though.

Like I say I think raritiy is under rated at this point. The whole perfection thing has whacked out the coin pricing even partially responsible for the lack of bullion coins. I wish they would belt out a 50 billion half dollars for us at a reasonable service fee. Big Silver dollars again would be nice too. Even if they had to be the new $20 eagle.
    Last edited by ruthenium; 07-02-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthenium View Post
    That coin would be a MS63+ front to me, but bid the coin not the holder. It seems well bid. So Somebody thinks it is OK, at least at that price. Still a day to go though.

Like I say I think raritiy is under rated at this point. The whole perfection thing has whacked out the coin pricing even partially responsible for the lack of bullion coins. I wish they would belt out a 50 billion half dollars for us at a reasonable service fee. Big Silver dollars again would be nice too. Even if they had to be the new $20 eagle.
    well, that somebody usually buying the grade not the coin
    Lots of new entrants coming into numi lately, covid lockdown and stimli checks gave the hobby a boost.

https://youtu.be/BJrvcOyS6Fg

Help me out in comments.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

you got some pretty good looking coins there youngster. that possible ds is very interesting

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast