Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enjoying scooping up bargains in the miners?

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    DCA is Dollar cost averaging, meaning buying the same amount (dollar wise) on a recurring basis. BTG is B2Gold and it is a mining stock. The ticker is BTO on the Toronto exchange. I don't like funds because they include crappy, average, good and great companies together. I would just rather buy great companies.
    Dollar cost averaging is fine, but what I do is look at the price relative to the two hundred day moving average and the RSI. Right now seems to be an excellent entry point for new positions while, of course, noting that the price could fall a lot further so have plenty of funds available if that happens.

DCA is Dollar cost averaging, meaning buying the same amount (dollar wise) on a recurring basis. BTG is B2Gold and it is a mining stock. The ticker is BTO on the Toronto exchange. I don't like funds because they include crappy, average, good and great companies together. I would just rather buy great companies.
    B2G may one day prove to be a winner, but there's other companies out there that have been doing much better. I'd spread the wealth around a bit and put all my money on one horse.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

I am DCA'ing BTG. I really like B2 Gold and will continue to buy on a semi monthly basis.
    Atlas Shrugged, what do you think of KL (Kirkland Gold Company) It has tons of cash along with no debt. I kind of like this company and have been following for a while but the stock price does not reflect too well with their outstanding financial statements for a few years now.

I've stacked gold and silver since 2008. Schiff influenced me in 2007 to exit the market and to purchase a prudent amount of metals. No regrets. I learned what Austrian Economics were from him and Mises.org and all that aligned with my subjective thoughts about economics and politics from a historic perspective. Human Nature vs artificial financial engineering always seemed to me to be on a conflict course with (IMO) Modern Monetary Theory collapsing under the pressure of Human Nature and "the basics" of it all.

NOW!!! I'm not so sure. For too long, I've been befuddled by the persistence of (again, IMO) what should NOT hold up - holding up.

SUDDENLY! I'm starting to panic (a bit). What if (what if), the evolution of Artificial Intelligence deployed by the global powers "to be", wind up making most humans (most of us), superfluous - at least in terms of major decision-making (big data + AI) and "the natural order of things (the order underwhich I always viewed gold as persistent influence and measure) does not (is not able) to re-assert itself? What if "compute machine power" supplants human decision making and production - to some critical mass?

See minutes 20 through 40 although the whole discussion is, IMO, very significant. I assume most are familiar with Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky?
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Markpti View Post
    I've stacked gold and silver since 2008. Schiff influenced me in 2007 to exit the market and to purchase a prudent amount of metals. No regrets. I learned what Austrian Economics were from him and Mises.org and all that aligned with my subjective thoughts about economics and politics from a historic perspective. Human Nature vs artificial financial engineering always seemed to me to be on a conflict course with (IMO) Modern Monetary Theory collapsing under the pressure of Human Nature and "the basics" of it all.

NOW!!! I'm not so sure. For too long, I've been befuddled by the persistence of (again, IMO) what should NOT hold up - holding up.

SUDDENLY! I'm starting to panic (a bit). What if (what if), the evolution of Artificial Intelligence deployed by the global powers "to be", wind up making most humans (most of us), superfluous - at least in terms of major decision-making (big data + AI) and "the natural order of things (the order underwhich I always viewed gold as persistent influence and measure) does not (is not able) to re-assert itself? What if "compute machine power" supplants human decision making and production - to some critical mass?

See minutes 20 through 40 although the whole discussion is, IMO, very significant. I assume most are familiar with Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky?
    I am confident, and actually increasingly so, that gold and silver will be the last men standing in the years ahead BUT I now operate on the belief that anything can happen so sure I could be wrong. As long as one is always thinking, tries to do their best, and considers all the possible scenarios, both good and bad, then it should work out. The main reason I own a gold mining fund in the first place is based on the lack of mining discoveries in the past decade or more and the projected sharp decline in gold mining supply in the next ten or more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Markpti View Post

I put the odds in my favor by trying to buy low. The share price of my gold mining fund has ranged between its four times in the 14.30 to 14.50 level and its few times dropping to twelve or below. I was buying below twelve recently and even right at the 11.40 bottom. I have been rewarded as today's price is up to 13.19. Falling knives don't bother me too much.

Quote Originally Posted by saintwilliamdoyle View Post
    Atlas Shrugged, what do you think of KL (Kirkland Gold Company) It has tons of cash along with no debt. I kind of like this company and have been following for a while but the stock price does not reflect too well with their outstanding financial statements for a few years now.
    Looks good to me and they have a nice dividend. I still think BTG (B2Gold) will outperform other miners.
    Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 04-21-2021 at 07:20 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12