Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enjoying scooping up bargains in the miners?

Default Enjoying scooping up bargains in the miners?

Although I didn't expect gold stocks to slump so badly in recent weeks, I have taken advantage of the situation by buying more shares in my mining fund. Have any of you done the same?

I'm doing the opposite and am reducing my positions. Mining stock investors have been real fickle in the last few months and are selling off at the first whiff of a market downturn. Moving mostly into cash with just a few positions. Building up a "crash buy list" of all my winners and some great prospects. A SM correction is coming so I will wait on the sidelines and jump in at the next bottom. Be cautious, I feel like the recent dips and the smaller ones coming up are "bait". The last few dips I tested with a small buy ended up triggering my stop loss orders...
    Last edited by Hombre Plata; 03-07-2021 at 01:21 PM.
    Anyone that identifies themselves by the color of their skin, is a racist.
    There is only ONE race of people on this planet, the human race.

Do not be deceived, Darwin’s theory of Evolution is racist. When Darwin is properly understood, it leads to the justification for believing that certain races of people are by birth and nature superior to others and that is the definition of racism.

I sold quite of my few miners and am waiting for signs of a bottom and am not interested in trying to catch a falling knife at this time. Also, I'm waiting for the second shoe to fall and the general stock market to take a 5 - 10% drop. I think there's more to come and if so, then miners are no where near bottom for now. When the flight to safety does happen the up side will be big enough to fill my need for greed if I miss the first few percent on the way up. But we'll have to wait and see what President Harris does to economy before we know how bad things will get first.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

I hear tell of a Hindenburg Omen stock market crash warning signal has been noticed recently. And IIRC, a crash is denoted as at least a 15% decline. I'm not a big stock market guy anymore, but (as with anything) certainly some caution should be exercised in regards to the SM. Thoughts, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    I hear tell of a Hindenburg Omen stock market crash warning signal has been noticed recently. And IIRC, a crash is denoted as at least a 15% decline. I'm not a big stock market guy anymore, but (as with anything) certainly some caution should be exercised in regards to the SM. Thoughts, anyone?
    https://www.gold-eagle.com/article/w...rning-signal-0
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    Exactly! It's quite the informative article and was kind of an eye opener. Hopefully it helps steer someone in the right direction...

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    I sold quite of my few miners and am waiting for signs of a bottom and am not interested in trying to catch a falling knife at this time. Also, I'm waiting for the second shoe to fall and the general stock market to take a 5 - 10% drop. I think there's more to come and if so, then miners are no where near bottom for now. When the flight to safety does happen the up side will be big enough to fill my need for greed if I miss the first few percent on the way up. But we'll have to wait and see what President Harris does to economy before we know how bad things will get first.

What's so wrong with a so-called falling knife? No one knows when and at what price the bottom will be, so why not gradually buy on the way down while having enough funds available if the price falls much more than expected? At least that's my way of thinking. To each his own, of course.

I am DCA'ing BTG. I really like B2 Gold and will continue to buy on a semi monthly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    I am DCA'ing BTG. I really like B2 Gold and will continue to buy on a semi monthly basis.

I have no idea what you're talking about. What is DCA? What is BTG? And I don't really care either, since I like to keep my investing and my overall life as simple as possible. I have a gold mining fund and don't bother learning about all the individual stocks out there. Sure, I might be able to increase my returns if I did so but don't want to overload my brain. I wish you the best with your approach.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdeen View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about. What is DCA? What is BTG? And I don't really care either, since I like to keep my investing and my overall life as simple as possible. I have a gold mining fund and don't bother learning about all the individual stocks out there. Sure, I might be able to increase my returns if I did so but don't want to overload my brain. I wish you the best with your approach.
    DCA is Dollar cost averaging, meaning buying the same amount (dollar wise) on a recurring basis. BTG is B2Gold and it is a mining stock. The ticker is BTO on the Toronto exchange. I don't like funds because they include crappy, average, good and great companies together. I would just rather buy great companies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast