Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just watched A contractor throw A fit after paying $2.49 for A 20 ounce bottle of coke.

I gave up soda for the most part. And no more power/gator aid. And just drink waters that I've been buying by the case of 18 or more, think their only about 30 cents a piece or less.

Feeling much better. That soda and alike is bad for me. Glad I quit before this latest inflation push.

On other notes of inflation, our flat stock galvanized steel has almost doubled in price. We use it to fabricate ductwork, flashings etc...

During the Trump administration the price of our steel sheet started to get back to the prices we had 10 years ago. Two months after Trump is booted by TPTB, bomba and wala our price practically doubled.

Grrr...
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

This is the only soda I'll drink and ironically it's usually at least $2.50. I drink maybe 3 of them a year but damn they're good.
    download.jpeg

People are stressed out these days, they are getting pinched by corporations (at every turn), they know it, and tired of it. I got older, and pack a lunch or glass water bottle when I go anywhere. If I want some caffeine I make my own tea with tea bags from Europe made out of wood, then I staple them with a little baby stapler, with spring water that I get trucked in from as far north as I can get it.

If someone gives me sodas or anything like it, I put them in my fridge to keep it from running all the time, maybe once in a great while have one, but most of it is crap I don't recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by everything1 View Post
    People are stressed out these days, they are getting pinched by corporations (at every turn), they know it, and tired of it. I got older, and pack a lunch or glass water bottle when I go anywhere. If I want some caffeine I make my own tea with tea bags from Europe made out of wood, then I staple them with a little baby stapler, with spring water that I get trucked in from as far north as I can get it.

If someone gives me sodas or anything like it, I put them in my fridge to keep it from running all the time, maybe once in a great while have one, but most of it is crap I don't recommend.
    good for you everything, sounds like you have a grip on things.

I gave up all pop, beer, and milk a couple of years ago going on a low carb diet. Only drink my well water, coffee from it, heavy cream, and one hard seltzer beverage a day. I was 4-5 beer a day and a three-gallon a week milk drinker. The heavy cream I go through two or three quarts a week where I never used it at all before.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    I gave up all pop, beer, and milk a couple of years ago going on a low carb diet. Only drink my well water, coffee from it, heavy cream, and one hard seltzer beverage a day. I was 4-5 beer a day and a three-gallon a week milk drinker. The heavy cream I go through two or three quarts a week where I never used it at all before.
    So, what are the results? Did you lose weight? Do you feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    So, what are the results? Did you lose weight? Do you feel better?
    Lost 100 lbs, got down to my High School weight before winter and the holidays hit. Off my BP meds I've been on for 20+ years. Still have blood sugar issues but it is completely controlled solely by diet and within the normal range.

432Hz

Lost 100 lbs, got down to my High School weight before winter and the holidays hit. Off my BP meds I've been on for 20+ years. Still have blood sugar issues but it is completely controlled solely by diet and within the normal range.
    OUTSTANDING! That is excellent! What a great outcome!

Congrats.

i did the same for controlling my waist line.
    You should also cut down diary products. I replaced milk with soy and almond drink.
    Do use butter for pan frying.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    OUTSTANDING! That is excellent! What a great outcome!
    Thanks. I had a major wake up call with a 200-300 blood sugar. While still being considered borderline. Treat don't cure they say is the DRs creed.....

432Hz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast