Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Just watched A contractor throw A fit after paying $2.49 for A 20 ounce bottle of coke.

  1. #1

    Default Just watched A contractor throw A fit after paying $2.49 for A 20 ounce bottle of coke.

    No inflation. Nothing to see here. Move along.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    No inflation. Nothing to see here. Move along.
    My cousin threw a bottle of gatorade at a street vendor in NYC after the guy told him it was 3 bucks....I'm not condoning the behavior, but people get pretty fired up. Just don't buy it is what I would say.....

    Edit: that was also about 10 years ago now that I'm thinking about it.

    "you can blank my blank for 3 dollars" was something along the lines of what he said if I'm remembering correctly....
    Last edited by LuckyAllMyLife; 02-11-2021 at 11:18 AM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyAllMyLife View Post
    My cousin threw a bottle of gatorade at a street vendor in NYC after the guy told him it was 3 bucks....I'm not condoning the behavior, but people get pretty fired up. Just don't buy it is what I would say.....
    Exactly. Coke is bad for you anyway and Gatoraide is the thirst mutilator....it has a ton of sugar and salt. And it's what plants crave.

  4. #4

    Default

    I picked up a case of mini cans of coke at a supermarket the other day, from a pile that was near the check out, but had no price listed. When it rant up at $10, I told the cashier that I didn't want it. I still find refrigerator packs of full sized (12oz) cans at 3 for $10 at other retailers. Convenience sized packaging and single serving packages are often overpriced.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    ... Gatoraide is the thirst mutilator....it has a ton of sugar and salt. And it's what plants crave.
    I thought that was Brawndo.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    I picked up a case of mini cans of coke at a supermarket the other day, from a pile that was near the check out, but had no price listed. When it rant up at $10, I told the cashier that I didn't want it. I still find refrigerator packs of full sized (12oz) cans at 3 for $10 at other retailers. Convenience sized packaging and single serving packages are often overpriced.
    Slightly unrelated, (completely unrelated actually) every time I go to the grocery store whoever the cashier happens to be doesn't know what at least one of the vegetables I'm buying is. In the last few months I've been asked what beets, parsnips, fennel, ginger root, broccoli rabe and escarole is. It makes me wonder if these people have never in their life eaten any of these foods.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    I gave up single serve beverages and food, except in rare cases. We have a store near me that offers coffee and fountain soda for a $1. If I really want a single serve I hit these places. We call them Cumbies, all over New England. Years ago, I would easily spend $30 a week at a coffee shop. That was how I started buying silver because I felt it was almost costing me nothing, while making coffee at home I also gave up print newspapers. I was easily spending $10 a week on print. When your older you realize cheap habits can add up quick. Which is why I like silver. Currently, virtually out of the market, having sold most of my silver, when I got laid off for covid. But that is what I bought it for, really. Once I start working again, I will start stacking again. Or maybe saving because premiums are high, spot is high, taxes in my state. Almost not worth it anymore.
    Last edited by Bobmhey; 02-11-2021 at 12:30 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    I thought that was Brawndo.
    Gatorade will mutate into Brawndo. Give it time.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    Just watched A contractor throw A fit after paying $2.49 for A 20 ounce bottle of coke.
    Meanwhile, the 2 Liters of Coke bottle is just $0.99.

    That's what's baffling to me.
    No his mind is not for rent
    To any god or government
    Always hopeful, yet discontent
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Meanwhile, the 2 Liters of Coke bottle is just $0.99.

    That's what's baffling to me.
    More like $1.89, but yes that is true. Hard to fit a 2L into a cup holder...unless you have an F-150.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •