Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Price of Platinum is exploding:

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,129

    Default

    Platinum price is exploding:

    https://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=PL&p=m1

    Right now is trending to 1,200 $. In 2008 was 2,200 $

    Platinum demand is going to increase from 2.7 Moz to 4.5 Moz

    Platinum supply-demand is going to deficit from 2024

    From 2025 Platinum will start to replace Palladium.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,129

    Default

    Platinum price is bound to go up.

    In 2020 demand decreased by 7 % but supply decreased by 20 % (pandemics)
    The deficit was 1 Moz for an industry which consumes 8 Moz a year.

    Uses of platinum:
    ----investment 13 %
    ----industrial 25 %
    ----auto catalyst 32 %
    ----jewelry 23 %
    ----other 7 %

    Platinum demand for autos is increasing.

    https://sprott.com/insights/pandemic...emic-platinum#

  3. #23

    Default

    Hi Oak,

    Was reading that there is a couple million ounces in reserve being warehoused. Hoping that the price stays low for a few more years, and then does a palladium rocket in 2024ish. Supposed to be large deficit's starting in late 2023 according to Johnson mathey. The mines are so old now that it takes much longer to process and dig it all out of the ground. Companies are not investing in new mines either.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrtjrt View Post
    Hi Oak,

    Was reading that there is a couple million ounces in reserve being warehoused. Hoping that the price stays low for a few more years, and then does a palladium rocket in 2024ish. Supposed to be large deficit's starting in late 2023 according to Johnson mathey. The mines are so old now that it takes much longer to process and dig it all out of the ground. Companies are not investing in new mines either.
    i do believe Pd, Pt, Rh are truly rare metals, one can't just pan for them nor go metal detecting for them.
    Unlike gold

  5. #25

    Default

    Yeah just the fact that only 6 million ounces of pt is mined each year, and silver is 850-900 million, not even 1% the mining production of silver. Recycling is 15-20% of the annual needed material as well. Pt. price is only 45-50 times the price of silver seems incredibly low. Look what happened to iridium the last 4 months it went up from 2300 to 6000$ just based off of a small supply deficit.

  6. #26

    Default

    That's not warehoused, that's millions of dollars, that's locked up tight. Were you guys selling any when we hit 1300 last month?

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    i do believe Pd, Pt, Rh are truly rare metals, one can't just pan for them nor go metal detecting for them.
    Unlike gold
    Actually, there is more platinum in the earths crust then gold, look it up. I've always liked platinum, but no reason to bash gold which is really the king of metals and the most monetary of all metals. For those more accustomed to thinking digitally, consider gold more like a long term bond (only far better for various reason), while platinum value behaves more like a typical commodity, while silver is a combo.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    Actually, there is more platinum in the earths crust then gold, look it up. I've always liked platinum, but no reason to bash gold which is really the king of metals and the most monetary of all metals. For those more accustomed to thinking digitally, consider gold more like a long term bond (only far better for various reason), while platinum value behaves more like a typical commodity, while silver is a combo.
    not bashing gold, just stating the obvious.
    Most of those plentiful Pt atoms within earth crust are inaccessible or uneconomical to produce, don't count in my book.
    https://usdebtclock.org/gold-precious-metals.html Pt is 1.7X rarer than gold.

    Most of the gold mined are still above ground somewhere
    Most of platinum mined are consumed and not recovered due to high cost of recycling and refining, and blown off the tail pipe

    How Much Platinum is in the World?
    This estimated 8 million ounces of .999 fine platinum bullion above ground supply is valued at approximately USD 7.44 billion in current value based on a current fiat Fed note $930 oz platinum spot price.

    https://sdbullion.com/blog/how-much-...s-in-the-world


    The World Gold Council estimates that all the gold ever mined totals 187,200 tonnes, as of 2017

    That's ~ 0.9 oz 0.999 gold per person on earth versus 0.033 gram of .999 Pt per person on earth.

    1.7X rarer by remaining reserves, 850X rarer than gold by above ground physical
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 03-31-2021 at 04:13 AM.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Palladium is much more abundant than Platinum in the Earth's crust.
    It's the most common of the PGMs under our feet.
    More common than Gold.

  10. #30

    Default platinum is spot at production costs here.

    we are close to many miners ASIC here maybe 840 to 900 USD. The SA rand did not weaken this year, rather it strengthens also the ESG and energy costs go up by incredible maybe 50% from 2020 averages......oil is expensive. so a 400,000 oz surplus is not in the cards check out the price curve everybody in the red band is going to be in trouble. Impalas AISC will be interesting....I own a little IMPALA stock just to get my emotions out of it, and will buy much more at 900-875 spot USD. I do have a synthetic operation line for impala as a function of Pd, Pt, Rh, and USD/SArand

    check out the curves

    https://www.minxcon.co.za/wp-content...ost-Curves.pdf
    Last edited by ruthenium; 12-09-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •