Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Premiums

I get silver under melt pretty regularly. Check out my videos in the latest score thread for some hints as to what to look for.
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    I was offered $5 over spot for BU eagles in tubes the other day. The offer came from someone who I normally buy from. His sell prices are normally some of the best around. To me, this is a statement of the actual street market in my area.

I now see the spot rising.
    I b[ought five silver eagles off ebay last month and the best deal I could find was $7 over spot including shipping.
    ================================
    "A SILVER quarter still buys a gallon of gasoline".

i have a buyer for a hundred ounce bar tomorrow for $29 per ounce. if you were buying a 100 oz silver bar, which would you prefer between a johnson matthey or an englehard and why?

I am trying to purchase a complete set of frosted kangaroos in their original plastic packaging with card... you wanna talk about some premiums!!!
    "Compulsory altruism is none too altruistic." - me

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across." -- Julian Simon

How about a 2 oz lunar dragon from 2000, just added another to the stack. One of my favorites at 60$ an oz! Original capsule as well, very attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    i have a buyer for a hundred ounce bar tomorrow for $29 per ounce. if you were buying a 100 oz silver bar, which would you prefer between a johnson matthey or an englehard and why?
    I have both, and both are equally good IMO. If both bars were equal in quality Id take the Eng....but thats just a matter of taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    I have both, and both are equally good IMO. If both bars were equal in quality Id take the Eng....but thats just a matter of taste.
    yes that is what he was hoping for as well, but i sold some the other day and only have the jm bars left in the hundred ounce size. thanks for the reply nikko

Quote Originally Posted by windweaver77 View Post
    I am trying to purchase a complete set of frosted kangaroos in their original plastic packaging with card... you wanna talk about some premiums!!!
    Man, that makes me hungry for some breakfast cereal! Frosted Kangaroos- come get some now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellsilverhammer View Post
    yes that is what he was hoping for as well, but i sold some the other day and only have the jm bars left in the hundred ounce size. thanks for the reply nikko
    Max, I also would consider them just about equal, but with the slightest of edge towards the Englehard bar- mostly out of nostalgia because I've owned them before and did well with them. No disrespect intended towards the JM bars though since they too have some that have attained collectible status over and above melt plus the typical premium. I actually have one of those "rare" 7 oz. JMC poured bars that I'm thinking of putting on eBay if I can still get that high premium. So far I haven't seen too much of a drop in what they've been selling for recently.

Quote Originally Posted by bronkster1967 View Post
    Max, I also would consider them just about equal, but with the slightest of edge towards the Englehard bar- mostly out of nostalgia because I've owned them before and did well with them. No disrespect intended towards the JM bars though since they too have some that have attained collectible status over and above melt plus the typical premium. I actually have one of those "rare" 7 oz. JMC poured bars that I'm thinking of putting on eBay if I can still get that high premium. So far I haven't seen too much of a drop in what they've been selling for recently.
    Wow, you know I saw a 7 ounce poured Englehard bar go on ebay for 13 times melt and there was a thread here somewhere in the forum talking about those high premium bars. I couldn't believe my eyes that night watching the ebay auction bidding climbing to the final price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast