Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Who buys Bitcoin

wealth re-distribution is occurring.

when it comes to making money, chinese gov'ts are all words, little action
    now even mom and pop tea house, bakery, wonton soup eatery want in on bitcoin mining
    https://www.coindesk.com/chinese-com...ting-to-mining

if they can get a government official as a partner, you got it made, easy permitting, insider cheap electricity pricing, better immunity from crack down.
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 03-09-2021 at 06:13 PM.

1 year ago today,
    March 11th 2020
    Bitcoin was at $4970.79
    Today
    March 11th 2021
    Bitcoin is at $56,735.11
    That's ( roughly ) 11.6 times your initial investment.
    So basically if you put $5000 into BTC 1 year ago, it would be worth $58,000 today.
    Do I think BTC will be 11.6 times more next year?
    I doubt it..
    But time will tell...
    "More Gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth. - Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    I would consider using one of these for a short time to transfer from paypal of which I would then make a purchase from on-online bullion dealer that takes bitcoin. If they take bitcoin, I guess they take bitcoin cash? Any efficient way to use another cyber-currency at a bullion dealer that takes bitcoin? If they take bitcoin, does it usually mean they may also take other cybercurrency? Which of the above is most likely to have little change in value (especially to the down side) for a period of a week?

I'm really only interested in exploring the use of these digital currencies as currencies, not to save in them-- that means efficiency, meaning I don't want to spend much time researching/learning about them, nor to pay any use fees, so if you have answers to the above, it would be much appreciated, and who knows, you may get this hater to be a user.
    There are more and more merchants accepting crypto. It is like the early adoption of computers and the internet. At one time, no one had a website. Today, a business or person without a website is an oddity. We are still at the AOL dial up part of crypto currency. You just have to wait for the world to catch up. In a few years, you will think back on the days you kept your money in a "bank" in the same way you think back to the days when you had to go to the bank and make a withdrawl to have some cash in your pocket. You had no idea this day was coming for that, you have no idea what that day will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Probably every retailer has its own rules. . .

Right now, Bitcoin is probably too volatile to be used as a currency, but there are other stable coins too. The "industry" is rapidly evolving . . who knows where the future ends . . .but there is this future good 'un ---> Crypto gives the opportunity to travel from nation to nation, without having to carry and convert a local currency. All you need is your access keys and you can have your money in a digital currency that's accepted worldwide. Lots of advantages.
    You could pretty much walk across a border naked and pop your nestegg from thin air when you got somewhere they treated your money better than where you came from.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    no sane crypto owners want to spend their btc/ltc, they rather spend fiat, basic Gresham's law
    today btc is digital gold. How many people spend their gold for daily use? none
    Some gets spent. I have bought some big ticket items to lock in gains in case the whole crypto thing turns out to be tulip bulbs.... But I don't believe it will

Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

it is north america is very behind the trend, like still using credit cards and writing cheque.
    In europe, china, +95% are using digital transaction through smartphone.
    In china, even street beggars don't take cash.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    it is north america is very behind the trend, like still using credit cards and writing cheque.
    In europe, china, +95% are using digital transaction through smartphone.
    In china, even street beggars don't take cash.
    What do you think about that, YS? To me, it seems that if you lose your phone, you have lost a wallet full of your life savings... or at least, what you have connected the phone to. I guess there would be areas in the phone you could just use and other areas that required ID verification, but it would seem it would render two factor ID a bit difficult
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    What do you think about that, YS? To me, it seems that if you lose your phone, you have lost a wallet full of your life savings... or at least, what you have connected the phone to. I guess there would be areas in the phone you could just use and other areas that required ID verification, but it would seem it would render two factor ID a bit difficult
    it depends.
    in china, everything is monitiored, a lost a phone won't go far.
    In the west, it's time for smartphone maker to design a wearable phone.
    Also, one should only load up small amount of digital money onto phone for daily use.
    Smartphone is trackable these days. Stolen phones will get shutdown.
    I worry more on lost ID than a few bucks on my phone wallets
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 03-13-2021 at 05:25 PM.

I see THETA is flying, up 28% over the last 24 hours, and it's in the top ten. Here is a recent news piece on it.

https://stockhead.com.au/news/theta-...ent-into-1-4m/