Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Who buys Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Saylor is catching a falling knife. Not wise.
    Eh.... From where I sit, the Dollar looks more like the falling knife
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

silvergate to whine down

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/mark...730a0cea&ei=12

4.91 -0.30 (-5.76%)
    08/03 Closing

Currency in USD

After Hours
    2.76 -2.15 (-43.79%)

08/03 - Real-time Data

JPMorgan ending banking relationship with crypto exchange Gemini
    https://www.reuters.com/business/fin...source=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Eh.... From where I sit, the Dollar looks more like the falling knife
    The USD still looks to be the prettiest horse at the glue factory. DXY is over 105.

The resilience of the Dollar's strength remains a question for me. It should have failed in 1971, but it didn't. It should have been crippled in 2008, but it is still the currency of choice in much of the world.

Predictions are hard to make, especially about the future (quote often credited to Yogi Berra)

Also, bitcoin is down over $1k today, or about 5%.

($20.4k as I write)
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 03-09-2023 at 03:53 PM.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

I am not a bitcoin holder, understander,user, or affiliate. I did know that y'all might like to read this info as blackrock holds most of the cards nowdays

https://cointelegraph.com/news/black...sy-bank-access
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    I am not a bitcoin holder, understander,user, or affiliate. I did know that y'all might like to read this info as blackrock holds most of the cards nowdays

https://cointelegraph.com/news/black...sy-bank-access
    They might have a large amount, but they do not hold most and to manipulate the market, they need more than 51%.... and there is no way they can pry the BTC coins from the hands of the holders to get there.
    They passed a noble law
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

I was alluding to Blackrock having all the Fiat. And IMO they do have enough to buy what ever their tainted hearts desire.
    That article was about the Bitcoin ETF....not the bitcoin directly.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    I was alluding to Blackrock having all the Fiat. And IMO they do have enough to buy what ever their tainted hearts desire.
    That article was about the Bitcoin ETF....not the bitcoin directly.
    Fair enough. I guess when I think of an ETF of something, I just assume the ETF owns a substantial amount of the something.
    They passed a noble law
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

Quote the goog "A Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) pools investor money to purchase Bitcoin futures contracts, or agreements to buy or sell an asset later for an agreed-upon price. A Bitcoin ETF is managed by a firm and listed on a traditional stock exchange.Oct 17, 2023"

I gather it is a fairly NEW ETF....and built for Banks>>>?? To allow them to hold Bitcoin albeit from a distance....Another method to allow the ole Pump n Dump....