Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Squeezing / SLV squeze please READ !!! Very important

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Ok come clean guys. Who of you got together to manipulate the jump in Silver this morning?

And are you going all the way and taking the shorts to the cleaners? No mercy!

Sounds good. Hopefully they keep it up, although I am still buying so if the price holds I am good. If it just comes back down to earth like GME, it is just gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Sounds good. Hopefully they keep it up, although I am still buying so if the price holds I am good. If it just comes back down to earth like GME, it is just gambling.
    I do remember the sage warning that you gave sometime back: "Silver always disappoints" Quite succinct and if history is a guide very true.

Maybe someday though "this time is different".

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    Now if only silver community can force the silver shorter to squeeze SLV, silver could more than moon but to mars.
    Unfortunately i think bankers can do naked short, making silver short squeeze harder.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...ld_slv_silver/

Not tryin to say anything, but I silver is up 5% today....with gold up only .5% and the dollar flat.

"Silver Surges as GameStop Day Traders Move Into Other Assets

January 28, 2021

10:45 AM ETPublished January 28, 2021 10:45 AM Eastern Time
    Dow Jones Newswires

The day traders are moving into commodities.

Silver futures prices and shares of silver miners are climbing Thursday after a user in Reddit's popular WallStreetBets forum posted about executing a "short squeeze" in the notoriously volatile precious metal.

Most actively traded silver futures added nearly 6% to $26.82 a troy ounce, while U.S.-listed shares of First Majestic Silver Corp., a mining company, added 30% shortly after the opening bell. The iShares Silver Trust, a popular exchange-traded fund tied to silver, is also rallying.

Silver prices had generally been muted in recent weeks, staying in a tight trading range alongside other precious metals that was well below the multiyear highs it hit during a rally last summer. But Thursday's gain was pushing the metal back near that nearly eight-year peak.

The moves represent what some analysts called an inevitable move by day traders into other asset classes following outsize gains in popular stocks like GameStop Corp. and AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. The moves have captivated Wall Street as individual investors take on hedge funds that wagered on declines in those stocks, and big swings in the silver market could add to the frenetic trading.

A short squeeze occurs when short sellers borrow an asset, sell it and try to buy back at lower prices. If the asset's price rises sharply, short sellers are forced to buy back at higher prices to minimize their losses, getting " squeezed" out of the market.

Analysts have alleged price manipulation in the silver market going back several decades, including when regulators famously accused the Hunt brothers of driving up prices in 1979 and 1980.

The Reddit post referenced taking on JPMorgan Chase & Co., a large precious metals trader and the nation's largest bank. It also mentioned silver stocks like First Majestic and ETFs that are accessible to everyday investors. It is notable that silver futures are also climbing Thursday because they are typically less frequently traded by individual investors.

Some notable precious-metals bulls were taking notice of the big swings. Peter Schiff, CEO of Euro Pacific Capital, said on Twitter that the move into silver shows that the Reddit day traders are getting smarter because silver miners have good value.

"Silver stocks are actually cheap, and represent good investment value," he said.

Write to Amrith Ramkumar at amrith.ramkumar@wsj.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
    January 28, 202110:45 ET (15:45 GMT)
    Copyright (c) 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc."

Looks like the worm has turned on the early birds!!!
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Myra P. Saefong
    Thu, January 28, 2021, 11:30 AM
    Silver futures rally on Thursday, heading for their highest finish in three weeks, following a post by a Reddit user who suggested executing a "short squeeze" on silver. (Marketwatch)

Ag stock up around 17%. What interesting times we live in...
    Stacking since the late 1970's

I took my largest option bet ever on SLV. Started yday but most was bought today unfortunately. Long 700 calls July 30 strike. I really think we are busting out to all time highs very soon. I can see 100 this year...maybe even higher. Lets be honest, its been manipulated for SO LONG that the spring is incredibly coiled and ready to explode. Cup and handle...BOOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    I took my largest option bet ever on SLV. Started yday but most was bought today unfortunately. Long 700 calls July 30 strike. I really think we are busting out to all time highs very soon. I can see 100 this year...maybe even higher. Lets be honest, its been manipulated for SO LONG that the spring is incredibly coiled and ready to explode. Cup and handle...BOOM.
    i hope you're right, 100 silver (4X) is a bigger call than 100,000 bitcoin (3X)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    Well, options are true gambling. As least buying options. You have a better chance with poker.

Covered call are fine, it just limits your upside.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    i hope you're right, 100 silver (4X) is a bigger call than 100,000 bitcoin (3X)
    If its an option, it will be much bigger than 4X if silver goes to 100...

i saw this comment from another forum

"Reddit. Watch when 4chan joins in. This is just the very beginning. Tidal wave of change coming. No army or armies can stop an idea which time has come."

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast