Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Stimulus

We haven't received our 2nd handout yet, but we are among those awaiting a paper check. First time around, we didn't get it until early June. Whatever. When it comes, it comes. I don't need it, but I won't be sending it back.
    "It's the lure of easy money - It's got a very strong appeal." - Glenn Frey (The Smuggler's Blues)

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead View Post
    We haven't received our 2nd handout yet, but we are among those awaiting a paper check. First time around, we didn't get it until early June. Whatever. When it comes, it comes. I don't need it, but I won't be sending it back.
    You can use it to pay some of your taxes LOL
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyAllMyLife View Post
    Like I said in another thread, it will be a quarterly payment before long. Then monthly, then every two weeks.
    Possibly, but at the very least, there will be demand for a handout every time the economy takes a downturn, no matter how shallow of a dip it is. Once you start giving away "free" goodies, people began to expect it, and it becomes politically impossible to stop the gift-giving.

My friends, we are seeing the destruction of the greatest country on earth with our own eyes. As went Rome, so goeth Washington.
    "It's the lure of easy money - It's got a very strong appeal." - Glenn Frey (The Smuggler's Blues)

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead View Post
    Possibly, but at the very least, there will be demand for a handout every time the economy takes a downturn, no matter how shallow of a dip it is. Once you start giving away "free" goodies, people began to expect it, and it becomes politically impossible to stop the gift-giving.

My friends, we are seeing the destruction of the greatest country on earth with our own eyes. As went Rome, so goeth Washington.
    I've spoken to a number of 20 - early 30 somethings in the last few months that think universal basic income is a "right". .........

Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Like I said in another thread, it will be a quarterly payment before long. Then monthly, then every two weeks.
    Then weekly, then daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Then weekly, then daily.
    But think of the approval ratings!!!

The feds send me money, I send it to my local and state government taxers. When I lived in suburbia, it took 10 years to get taxed out, I moved into the city rented a few years, then bought and taxed out in 6 years this time.

I'm friends with a couple landlords in NYC. They're getting eaten alive. I feel awful for them honestly. These are hard working blue collar guys in their 60's and 70's that have lived modestly and saved and grew a real estate portfolio and they're watching their lifes work get wiped out.

I'm friends with a couple landlords in NYC. They're getting eaten alive. I feel awful for them honestly. These are hard working blue collar guys in their 60's and 70's that have lived modestly and saved and grew a real estate portfolio and they're watching their lifes work get wiped out.
    The rent and eviction moratoriums have definitely made me re-think my plans to purchase another rental house. I've decided to look for farmland instead, but it's hard to find a chunk small enough that I can afford, but still productive.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast