Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you gonna buy with your $2000 stimulus?

Quote Originally Posted by everything1 View Post
    It is interesting that this stimulus talk thing about $2000, roughly current value of an ounce of gold. It's certainly keeping some slice of the population from going hungry, and / or something to keep the payment on the CC up.
    Good point. And makes total sense. Over the centuries a full ounce of gold has been a staple to keep the minions flush for at least a month.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Good point. And makes total sense. Over the centuries a full ounce of gold has been a staple to keep the minions flush for at least a month.
    And when Gold is $4000 they'll be handing out $4k checks .......
    Whatever ... n as goes Currency to Gold.
    Too bad they can't direct deposit the one ounce AGE right into the cigar box.

Q: What are you gonna buy with your $2000 stimulus?

A: Nothing, because I don't see it happening. I do not think McConnel will allow it to come to the floor, although the issue of the Georgia elections complicates his hand. Unless the Dems cave and give him something in return (why should they, at this point?), I don't see it happening. Too bad for Purdue and Loeffler. If the Dems pick up those seats, Biden will push it through later, but if not, it's DOA.

HOWEVER, I will make an additional couple of mortgage payments on my rental house with the $600 that HAS been approved. Once that is paid off (hopefully, next year), I can start looking for some crop land to buy.
    "It's the lure of easy money - It's got a very strong appeal." - Glenn Frey (The Smuggler's Blues)

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead View Post
    Q: What are you gonna buy with your $2000 stimulus?

HOWEVER, I will make an additional couple of mortgage payments on my rental house with the $600 that HAS been approved. Once that is paid off (hopefully, next year), I can start looking for some crop land to buy.
    Puts a new spin on Devaluing the Currency ........
    What most have to slave-for by offering their skills, services or labor they now simply give it away !!!

Feels just like a kick in the nards! (I wont get any stimulus cept at the check out line)
    May I please have another?

Too bad there is not enough cohesion in the population to just STOP PAYING INCOME TAX all at the same time
    Last edited by vertical1; 12-30-2020 at 06:19 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

$2K really doesn't go very far for a large percentage of people. But then again the way things are going this will be a quarterly check before long.

The app on my tablet shows deposits days in advance, my 600 goes in January 4th it says.

The $ fell into my account yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12