Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 307074757677787980818283 LastLast

Thread: BTC Has Hit 25K

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    IMO the 40k guess failed. That's over. could be 42k before long though. a separate guess.
    My guess is still the same at the moment. However if BTC in fiat dollars drops down to 37.5 then I will call the guess a fail. It may go on to get there later but that would not make the guess correct.

A guess on a different side of the coin... 15k 'ish was the low IF business as usual continues. I won't be picking up any at ~7k, imo that rocket has launched and won't return.

IMO if the cartel makes the decision that they can not abide with bitcoins existence they will wreck havoc on it and who knows how low the funny money 'price' would go. But that scenario is not one of business as usual.

From what I have seen, BTC price will run up and then pull back to the previous high water mark. It will hang out and then have a run to 3x the last high water mark. My next high has been pegged at $210K, but with things like they are, who knows? If it does run up near there, I will probably sell off a bit to see if I can buy back in at a lower price. I think we have a good chance of breaking 40K by the end of the weekend. I do think we are close to seeing folks awakening that assets denominated in something other than fiat dollars might not be a bad thing to move some of their savings into.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

You may be right. I'm curious if you think that the majority of cryptos will continue to follow BTC up if that happens?

IMO all the pretend btc (copy cat cryptos) are not good for the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    You may be right. I'm curious if you think that the majority of cryptos will continue to follow BTC up if that happens?

IMO all the pretend btc (copy cat cryptos) are not good for the real thing.
    I think there are some that will have some legs. I have ATOM (Cosmos) because I am getting 20%+ return on the staked amount. I believe Ethereum has legs because it is an algorithm that supports crypto contracts. The lightning network is a Bitcoin derivative that allows for the transfer of crypto very fast and very cheaply. I really don't follow anything else at this time. Doge is just something that is something because Elon Musk says it is (my opinion). Pretty much all the others have collapsed.
    They passed a noble law
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

"That's not money" - Ben Bernanke

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    ...Pretty much all the others have collapsed.
    Not according to Coinbase exchange. They must have 500 if not 1000. I saw it as very negative when coinbase first started bringing in other crypto, and still do.

Well, looks like the blind hog found an acorn.... 40K as of tonight. Might make it to 42K ynot and we can toast each other for our astute crypto predictions..... It is like getting a birdie on the first hole... "This is easy!" and the rest of the round you are swinging to the wall.
    They passed a noble law
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Well, looks like the blind hog found an acorn.... 40K as of tonight. Might make it to 42K ynot and we can toast each other for our astute crypto predictions..... It is like getting a birdie on the first hole... "This is easy!" and the rest of the round you are swinging to the wall.

Good call t00nces2.

I'm only going to count mine as correct if it does NOT keep going up quickly from here. I didn't post that but it is what I had in mind.

When you have a gov printing money to give to everyone, businesses, illegals, other countries, etc, etc. And you have fictional virtual assets that add to the asset base without adding productivity, you end up with unrelenting inflation. If you aren't ultra wealthy or on SNAP, you will continue to get squeezed.

They passed a noble law
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.