Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 276771727374757677787980818283 LastLast

Thread: BTC Has Hit 25K

Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    I dipped a toe in this water...too cold for me.

My 32k "investment" is worth 8.5k at the moment.

Thats what happens when you skip the DD phase....a fool and his money are soon parted.

I know a lot of people would sell and cut losses, but Im riding this out. Its not really lost money till you sell it. I've seen the charts, these things can be dormant for years then pop so...
    If you have bitcoin I think you're ok, we'll see.
    But with a 75% loss like you have I suspect you're in some other crypto or maybe coinbase or some miner's stock.
    For coins, I do think Bitcoin dominance will go up from the 50% of the crypto market to 75%, but what "other" coins out there will be in that other 25% I don't care to guess. Stocks have their ups and downs according to what piece of the crypto pie they're after, their competition for that piece, and how well they're financed.

Bitcoin is probably going to go down now, since I became the owner of some... read on for the weird details.

An attempt was made to hack my email (comcast). I didn't fall for it and played the guy on the phone along for awhile. When he figured that out, he told me some shocking things.. Described me to a T and knew my full name, email address, daughters name, address in the states (which is her address), phone number obviously, and a few other things. I changed email password and went about my day. This was about a week ago.

Yesterday I got a couple of text messages from T-mobile about password and account changes. I was at the doctors but called T-mobile immediately (stressful trying to pay with my limited espanol ability and talk to T-mobile at the same time). they said nothing had occurred and they didn't know why I got the text msgs. I tripled checked that I was clear in understanding nothing to worry about... their answer was yes. I had called them on 611 (their direct connect number) from my t-mobile phone and the robot answering was the t-mobile bot, no doubt about it. So I know I was talking to a t-mobile rep.

About an hour later I couldn't use google translate which said I didn't have internet connection.. we were out so wifi was not available. Sometimes cellular is sketchy here so I tried a few things to see if I could get a different local cell connection but could not. By this time I was putting the morning thing and this together and thinking that my phone number had been f*****d somehow and began to get concerned since I could not call them. I have a costa rica phone but didn't think to use it at the time. I got home and tried to call t-mobile using wifi and got an error msg (from t-mobile I think) that wifi calling had been disabled for this number. Now I'm concerned. Very.

I call t-mobile international number from my costa rica phone (with anxiety since I didn't know how many minutes I had, it's prepaid sim card... and the recharge service was down at that moment!). They said my phone number had been ported off of t-mobile. Many details but I'll just add that they saidthat there were none of the normal tracks that they see when this occurs. I told them it probably is an inside job then and they agreed to the possibility. Anyway they started the process to retrieve the number and gave me a temporary number in the meantime, saying it could take some time to get the number back but that it was still with one of their "resellers" so could be sooner rather than longer (turned out they got it back to me in about 5 hours.) I didn't know why hackers port numbers so I looked it up, it makes sense when I found out that they try to gain control of a phone number and then start gong after other accounts and they will receive any verification text messages that get sent regarding activity etc.

So what does this have to do with Bitcoin?

I woke up this morning and in my email was notification from Coinbase that my password had been updated. Another one had immediately followed informing me of a new device login. And then an email saying "Your Bitcoiin is now available to trade". Looking at these headings especially the last one I thought this was another fishing attempt. But when I tried to log into Coinbase I could not do so as the password had indeed been changed. Fortunately I was now back in control of my phone and was able to change the password and log in.

There it was in my account: Bitcoin, and the source of payment was my linked bank account (yeah, go ahead... give me grief for that, I will fade it. thank you)

Note that I had sold everything a month or two ago.

To me one of the strangest things is my bank does not show a pending debit. Could be because it was Friday evening? I can't imagine that a debit will not show up as the BTC is in my coinbase account and was purchased using the linked account.

All in all a very strange thing and a very close call.

Since for the moment, I hold Bitcoin again you can expect that it will drop (I'm often on the wrong side of trades but who knows this is so screwy maybe BTC to the moon now.)

I thought the above post would be interesting to some but it seems to not be Maybe too long winded?

How about... "my phone was hacked and the hackers put some bitcoin in my coinbase account"

better?

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    I thought the above post would be interesting to some but it seems to not be Maybe too long winded?

How about... "my phone was hacked and the hackers put some bitcoin in my coinbase account"

better?
    I read the whole post. It left me speechless.

better?
    How much did they deposit?
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    How much did they deposit?

Bad wording (put some) on my part... they bought it within my account and coinbase indicates my linked bank account was used.

The amount was not earth moving but given my ability to be a contrarian indicator it might be market moving. And there are limits to how much coinbase will 'front' you until the ACH funds show up. Let's see what happens when/if the funds do not arrive. So strange to me that it does not show up in my bank account 'pending'. Monday comes, we'll see what appears then.

- how is that for ignoring the direct question? I learned how to do that from halbot

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    I read the whole post. It left me speechless.

Knowing you my friend (ok to call you that?) probably mostly because of 1) I'm messing around with crypto, and 2) I have a bank account linked to the likes of coinbase.

Coinbase! I mean Coinbase is literally a virtual company. No physical products. No warehouse. AND NO PHYSICAL OFFICE(S) AT ALL! Everyone employed or involved works remotely. The owners could be running the show from a yacht in international waters next to some country without any treaties or agreements with the US. To me, that is just nuts.

Knowing you my friend (ok to call you that?) probably mostly because of 1) I'm messing around with crypto, and 2) I have a bank account linked to the likes of coinbase.

Coinbase! I mean Coinbase is literally a virtual company. No physical products. No warehouse. AND NO PHYSICAL OFFICE(S) AT ALL! Everyone employed or involved works remotely. The owners could be running the show from a yacht in international waters next to some country without any treaties or agreements with the US. To me, that is just nuts.
    I check online contact me stuff just to help try and determine if a place has a brick n mortar. Those that do not....can kiss my caboose
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

The debit showed up in my checking account... and true to form it looks like BTC is getting weaker at the moment. Did anyone sell on this contrarian indication?

No telling what POB will do. I sure have no clue.

You are exactly right. Speechless. And yes, we are friends. If I ever get down south, I might drop in on you. Right now, I have other dragons to slay.