Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 256569707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: BTC Has Hit 25K

Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    I trust Coinbase to secure my crypto more than I trust myself having it on a flashdrive.
    Well said and it points to complexities of keeping track of multiple layers of passwords, secret sentences, etc.

I have some small amount of crypto (not btc and worth very little) that IF I spent a few weeks looking for my 24 words seed phrase or whatever it was called and IF I can remember how to use the correct firefox addon I oculd be a couple of fiat richer. I also have a paper wallet.... somewhere. In a box of papers at my daughters house in Colorado. Even if I had the paper wallet I would have to research how I made it and how to use it or open it or whatever.

I am disappointed in Coinbase in some respects (mostly for bringing in all the sh1t coins) but at least I know exactly where to look and can do so easily to see how far down the fiat value of my btc has gone

I will stay with Coinbase even with it's problems and risks.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    ...I will stay with Coinbase even with it's problems and risks.
    Since saying the above I have found that Coinbase has NO physical location. I find this at least somewhat concerning. With the amount of wealth the top tier management has they could be located anywhere in the world at any given time.. perhaps on a super yacht in international waters. What if it is necessary for the regulators to come knocking on their door? Well, good luck because there is no door to knock on.

We just had a meteoric rise in the price... over 65% in what seems like a matter of weeks. If the wheels fall off the bus that is the US (or possibly the US and global) economy will the majority of people owning BTC run for the exits? Or will the inflow of money seeking a safe haven overwhelm to the upside?

I don't know and I doubt anyone really does. It mostly just a point made to hear others thinking.

I am considering selling a bit more somewhere above where we are at the moment... which is a few dollars above 25k.

Download Exodus. Create a wallet and write down your 12 word recovery phrase. Remember it. You can download Exodus and input that phrase and the crypto balances will be there. It is your crypto and keys. No need to trust coinbase r any other third party custodian.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Download Exodus. Create a wallet and write down your 12 word recovery phrase. Remember it. You can download Exodus and input that phrase and the crypto balances will be there. It is your crypto and keys. No need to trust coinbase r any other third party custodian.
    I have some twenty or twenty-four word phrases written down somewhere, but not sure the exact location or to what small crypto they contain.

BTW exodus "about us" page is very short on the "about" part... https://www.exodus.com/about/

It's not clear exactly what they do... well, they do claim shape-shifting something or other, so there's that.

I have some twenty or twenty-four word phrases written down somewhere, but not sure the exact location or to what small crypto they contain.

BTW exodus "about us" page is very short on the "about" part... https://www.exodus.com/about/

It's not clear exactly what they do... well, they do claim shape-shifting something or other, so there's that.
    Exodus is a software hot wallet that is open source and will place and retrieve your crypto onto the internet cloud. It is not a bank, it is software to access the internet to drop and grab crypto algos.

Coinbase et al are banks the same way chase or wells fargo and the money deposited and kept and use in and out is reported to the government. It can also be stopped and taken by the government the same way a bank account can be frozen and confiscated. Exodus (and other software wallets, although I will not vouch for any others) are the equivalent of hiding your money in a place where it cannot be found by anyone who does not know the exaact location.

ShapeShift is a way to turn one crypto into another with nearly zero fee and nearly instantaneously.

Exodus uses twelve word phrases.
    Last edited by t00nces2; 03-27-2023 at 07:36 PM.
    They passed a noble law
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Exodus is a software hot wallet that is open source and will place and retrieve your crypto onto the internet cloud. It is not a bank, it is software to access the internet to drop and grab crypto algos.

...Exodus (and other software wallets, although I will not vouch for any others) are the equivalent of hiding your money in a place where it cannot be found by anyone who does not know the exaact location.

ShapeShift is a way to turn one crypto into another with nearly zero fee and nearly instantaneously.

Exodus uses twelve word phrases.
    Perhaps "cloud" is not the exact word you mean... a lot of people are leery of "the cloud" for good reason.

Otherwise, it seems that Exodus could have just said that on their "About Us" page. It seems strange that they didn't even provide that minimal information. I'm not faulting you for their lack of information, just point it out.

Iím sticking with Coinbase till I can unload this garbage lol.

That will be a great day.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

I too am sticking with Coinbase although I have doubts about them due to the lack of physical location ANYWHERE.

I was thinking to sell some around 25k but did not, now thinking maybe 30k.

Perhaps "cloud" is not the exact word you mean... a lot of people are leery of "the cloud" for good reason.

Otherwise, it seems that Exodus could have just said that on their "About Us" page. It seems strange that they didn't even provide that minimal information. I'm not faulting you for their lack of information, just point it out.
    Okay, but "a collection of distributed independent interconnected algorithmic nodes that check with each other to insure consistency of information" just seems overly wordy and doesn't roll off the tongue as easily.
    They passed a noble law
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

I too am sticking with Coinbase although I have doubts about them due to the lack of physical location ANYWHERE.

I was thinking to sell some around 25k but did not, now thinking maybe 30k.
    Time to stop thinking and decide.
    If you continue to hold there is a risk you could make more fiat.