Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest score: Platinum Edition

picked up 60 more Queens Beast White Lions at 980...Ive decided to increase my physical holdings at these levels...Selling some mining shares to fund purchases. Total bought at about 990 avg is 110. Will buy 100 more next week. Im not too price sensitive to be honest as always go by the motto a penny wise a pound foolish. (I like these levels and selling shares which Im well up on to fund )
    Lots of places price match presently for best price and stock is presently available. If anyone wants info on price match, etc...send me a private mail and Ill answer.
    Only holding 5000 PPLT as sold some off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    picked up 60 more Queens Beast White Lions at 980...Ive decided to increase my physical holdings at these levels...Selling some mining shares to fund purchases. Total bought at about 990 avg is 110. Will buy 100 more next week. Im not too price sensitive to be honest as always go by the motto a penny wise a pound foolish. (I like these levels and selling shares which Im well up on to fund )
    Lots of places price match presently for best price and stock is presently available. If anyone wants info on price match, etc...send me a private mail and Ill answer.
    Only holding 5000 PPLT as sold some off.
    My remaining PPLT sold as stop hit at cost price...Glad I took profits on the rest.
    Bought 50 Platinum Maples 2021 at 960 today.
    I may buy back some PPLT below 80. Bad day to say the least i Platinum, but physical is available at many places presently.

Thanks for the update Nikko -glad you had stop in place.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Thanks for the update Nikko -glad you had stop in place.
    bought my last lot of platinum just now...another 150 Queens Beast White Lion at 950 even.
    Managed to get Brinks, Insured segregated custody at 30 basis points.
    Basically bought 400 outright at 935 avg and swapped silver and gold for another 100, so long 500 OZ physical now. Im pretty much done as that is what I wanted.
    Will be trading PPLT if it goes below 90....I do think gold wont reach 2000 again this year but platinum such a bargain here, and I got the physical while the supply was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    bought my last lot of platinum just now...another 150 Queens Beast White Lion at 950 even.
    Managed to get Brinks, Insured segregated custody at 30 basis points.
    Basically bought 400 outright at 935 avg and swapped silver and gold for another 100, so long 500 OZ physical now. Im pretty much done as that is what I wanted.
    Will be trading PPLT if it goes below 90....I do think gold wont reach 2000 again this year but platinum such a bargain here, and I got the physical while the supply was here.
    Just curious how you did on the PSR swaps? Most of my pt stack is the result of ratio swaps with silver, sitting on 447.62 ounces at an average cost of $771.60

PSR was very good to me but I'm not stopping here and will continue to buy outright even though it will raise my average cost per ounce.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
    Just curious how you did on the PSR swaps? Most of my pt stack is the result of ratio swaps with silver, sitting on 447.62 ounces at an average cost of $771.60

PSR was very good to me but I'm not stopping here and will continue to buy outright even though it will raise my average cost per ounce.
    Plat/ gold was done at 2/1
    Plat / silver was done at 34.5

My biggest holding is still gold by far where I have a 900 CAD cost or 680 USD
    I do still hold some silver at a cost of 21 USD...I did however sell all my silver way back at 36 USD to buy back too early.
    Last edited by Nikko; 10-07-2020 at 06:51 AM.

Its been a little while since my guy had some platinum in stock, just walked away with 20 1/10th oz platinum nobles for $110 each. I don't recall ever owning any nobles so these are my first ones I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
    Its been a little while since my guy had some platinum in stock, just walked away with 20 1/10th oz platinum nobles for $110 each. I don't recall ever owning any nobles so these are my first ones I've ever had.
    My main platinum holding is in 1 oz Nobles, for a long time they had some of the lowest premiums, and nice coins to boot, so I gobbled um up, for something like +$20/oz or less with spot similar to that today. I called them the Maples of platinum bullion. May actually have record of such purchases here for those good at searching. This is why I have a hard time buying platinum bullion today, I'm used to premiums far lower -- and I'm thinking the high premiums are more a result of to few mints fabricating platinum at a time when demand is very high (with folks like Nikko buying by the boat load). I'm holding on to my digital platinum for now, I'll be buying physical when supply catches up, and more are selling. One of my long held arguments for platinum bullion as money (while avoiding palladium and rhodium) was relatively low premium -- this is not the case today.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    My main platinum holding is in 1 oz Nobles, for a long time they had some of the lowest premiums, and nice coins to boot, so I gobbled um up, for something like +$20/oz or less with spot similar to that today. I called them the Maples of platinum bullion. May actually have record of such purchases here for those good at searching. This is why I have a hard time buying platinum bullion today, I'm used to premiums far lower -- and I'm thinking the high premiums are more a result of to few mints fabricating platinum at a time when demand is very high (with folks like Nikko buying by the boat load). I'm holding on to my digital platinum for now, I'll be buying physical when supply catches up, and more are selling. One of my long held arguments for platinum bullion as money (while avoiding palladium and rhodium) was relatively low premium -- this is not the case today.
    I never payed more than 25 dollars over spot in gold, whether coins or bars so understand where you are coming from.
    For me buying PPLT longterm is simply impossible as I cannot justify the future cap gains. Presently taxed at 50% in Canada and IMO going up to 75% very shortly if not higher under the new budget, so I pay the premium. It does not bother me too much to be honest. Mints are not at full capacity and platinum is not what they are minting. Sooner or later the price of platinum will move above 1000 in a big way and demand will only go UP and not down...Cant see premiums getting back to normal.
    BTW, Kitco has Maples in stock. I bought 10 the other day at 956

Nice. In before the bump