Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 520

Thread: Latest score: Platinum Edition

  1. #71

    Default

    Picked up a 1988 platinum maple leaf 1/4 for 288 today. MS69 condition first year of mintage I believe, but not 100% sure.

  2. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    18,000
    $80.0899
    $82.00
    $1,441,618.20

    $1,475,912.95
    -$34,294.75
    -2.32%

    I took the position to 18k today...This is a trade and not a very longterm position. My avg is 82 as u can see.
    As far as being a Vegas gambler I am NOT. Its a large trade for me and I see it as a good one. I do see this dip way differently from the Covid dip and I do not see many better trades out there.
    picked up 15 Platinum Queens Beast White Lion 2021 at 1000 even.
    Sold 6000 PPLT at 85. The profits from this sale booked these coins ( tax included ). Still holding 12000 PPLT at 82. Will keep selling PPLT for real coins with profits.

  3. #73

    Default

    Excellent! It's great to see this working so well.

    I added a couple Plat Queens Beast coins as well using cash but holding the PPLT I've accumulated (in significantly lower quantity than you )

  4. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Excellent! It's great to see this working so well.

    I added a couple Plat Queens Beast coins as well using cash but holding the PPLT I've accumulated (in significantly lower quantity than you )
    picked another batch of Queens Beast today at 890. Monument, Bordergold, Silvergoldbull and silvergoldbull does match prices.

  5. #75

    Default

    $890? That's crazy great! I'm not seeing anything even in low 900s at the moment.

  6. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    $890? That's crazy great! I'm not seeing anything even in low 900s at the moment.
    My bad...990 is what I payed, NOT 890

  7. #77

    Default

    Hi Nikko

    Are you seeing physical Plat similar as some others here - that it will reach or exceed parity with gold at some point?

    I bought a roll of eagles near the end of 2018 just to have some but have not paid much attention to Plat until very recently. So I have to exert a bit of effort to accumulate it rather than continue adding to gold. I do note that the drop from recent high in both metals was greater for Plat so - in theory - if they both return to their respective values plat has a better return % at the moment. My question above is more about the timeframe beyond a return to recent highs. At some point I will want to swap for Au.

    Thanks.

    ps I welcome input on this from all others who wish to add their thoughts.

  8. #78

    Default

    https://platinuminvestment.com/suppl...inum-quarterly

    Total platinum supply in 2020 is now forecast to fall by 14% (-1,159 koz) to 7,102 koz and reflects a 15% (-910 koz) decline in refined production and a 12% (-250 koz) decline in recycling supply.

    Platinum is such a small market it will probably go much higher price wise than gold. Going to probably take at least 4-5 years though. I'm hoping pt spot price stays at under 975ish for at least another year or two(if it goes over 1050 will probably plateau there, and go much higher soon after). Will keep buying at these prices. Anything purchased around 950-980 with premium included is good(most of my purchases were in 2019 at 840's premium included), worst loss you would take would be 3-5% if the price stayed flat and you had to sell. Palladium didn't really start to run until about 1 million oz deficit happened last year, as a result of chinas new pollution control standards for gasoline cars. China uses the most platinum in the world every year as well(2milloz). Hydrogen economies in many part's of Asia will be the norm in late 2020's. The mines are very deep in Southern Africa now and many articles have said it's not profitable enough to keep mining at these prices. Really interesting last year price points were at 830s and even lower 802-807. It would spike to 900 and crash back down almost immediately to 800's. It's rebounding off of lows and staying a much higher price points compared to last year. Being a bit selfish though, only mid 30's and can easily wait 10 years to swap for my herd of gold buffalos(would swap at pt spot price 1800 range).

  9. #79

    Default

    Thank you for that information jrt.

  10. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Hi Nikko

    Are you seeing physical Plat similar as some others here - that it will reach or exceed parity with gold at some point?

    I bought a roll of eagles near the end of 2018 just to have some but have not paid much attention to Plat until very recently. So I have to exert a bit of effort to accumulate it rather than continue adding to gold. I do note that the drop from recent high in both metals was greater for Plat so - in theory - if they both return to their respective values plat has a better return % at the moment. My question above is more about the timeframe beyond a return to recent highs. At some point I will want to swap for Au.

    Thanks.

    ps I welcome input on this from all others who wish to add their thoughts.
    Its all opinion and nobody has a crystal ball! I doubt platinum will hit parity with gold again as gold is real money and is really the only one that truely is. Central banks buy gold, not silver and platinum.
    But I do see platinum outperforning gold in the next few years to hopefully reach to the point where I can sell 1.5 platinum for 1 gold...Ill start switching at that point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •