Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest score: Platinum Edition

The physical price really seems to be disconnecting from the paper price. The popular SD site that usually has very low premiums, has pamp bars on presale Oct 2, for 162 over spot. The dealer probably has to pay at least 75$ over spot to get those bars, maybe even 100. In early 2019 those bars were offered for 49.99 over spot all day long, all year long. The Lunar ox and new queens Beast coin are both 2021 releases. The way things are going both will be sold out before 2021 even arrives, ha! Platinum is at 2004 prices, incredibly undervalued. Listening to an interview on silver the other day, and the guests were talking about supply constraints at the US mint. Information about only being able to mint a few products at a time(only specific sku's of gold and silver). Maybe platinum won't even be minted this year? Should be a very interesting next couple of years....
    Last edited by jrtjrt; 09-25-2020 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrtjrt View Post
    The physical price really seems to be disconnecting from the paper price. The popular SD site that usually has very low premiums, has pamp bars on presale Oct 2, for 162 over spot. The dealer probably has to pay at least 75$ over spot to get those bars, maybe even 100. In early 2019 those bars were offered for 49.99 over spot all day long, all year long. The Lunar ox and new queens Beast coin are both 2021 releases. The way things are going both will be sold out before 2021 even arrives, ha! Platinum is at 2004 prices, incredibly undervalued. Listening to an interview on silver the other day, and the guests were talking about supply constraints at the US mint. Information about only being able to mint a few products at a time(only specific sku's of gold and silver). Maybe platinum won't even be minted this year? Should be a very interesting next couple of years....
    Kitco has nothing for Canadian Clients and neither does Border Gold...the only 2 dealers with guaranteed allocations from the mint.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    kicking myself for not jumping for 2x1 oz of Pt (PML and Pt kangaroo) at 970 each last friday from a lcs, no wait
    gonna go pick up a valcambi bar 1 oz for 882 US (1185 CAD)
    could be less but CDN dropped lately
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 09-25-2020 at 11:45 AM. Reason: edited confirmed price

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    gonna go pick up a valcambi bar 1 oz for 882 US (1185 CAD)
    could be less but CDN dropped lately
    find it hard to believe that you are buying platinum at 30 dollars over spot when dealers buying back at over 40...but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    find it hard to believe that you are buying platinum at 30 dollars over spot when dealers buying back at over 40...but who knows?
    it's a one off sale from a small local buy/sell gold shop. They probably didn't pay any premium for it.

My guy comes through again, he received a tube of 1/4 oz eagles (mixed dates) all bu condition from a dealer in New York. I probably paid too much @ $120 over spot but I didn't feel like passing on fractional APE's. Most were 1999 and 2001 dates.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
    My guy comes through again, he received a tube of 1/4 oz eagles (mixed dates) all bu condition from a dealer in New York. I probably paid too much @ $120 over spot but I didn't feel like passing on fractional APE's. Most were 1999 and 2001 dates.
    not everyday one comes across fractional Pt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    $80.0899
    $82.00
    $1,441,618.20

$1,475,912.95
    -$34,294.75
    -2.32%

I took the position to 18k today...This is a trade and not a very longterm position. My avg is 82 as u can see.
    As far as being a Vegas gambler I am NOT. Its a large trade for me and I see it as a good one. I do see this dip way differently from the Covid dip and I do not see many better trades out there.
    In the money already...Man, did these scoundrels shake out the tree and kill the margin contract buyers.
    Looking for 1000 by year end.

Hi Nikko

What will $1000 spot pt equate to in PPLT?

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Hi Nikko

What will $1000 spot pt equate to in PPLT?
    about 94 a share