Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 520

Thread: Latest score: Platinum Edition

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    As far as Nikko's large bets on Pt - I'm glad he joined the forum and appreciate his posts. As a stacker of physical - and as a small time trader of various paper - I find it useful to see someone posting the details of their substantial positions. I certainly hope to see a huge win come about for Nikko, but if that is not in the cards he has laid his hand out for all to see.
    I also appreciate having Nikko's contributions (and heads up on prices) here, and hope he knows I'm one to question all, allies and opponents, so not to take it as a sign of not having respect or liking his input. By some measures, I'm a 1 percenter in the wealth range --however when I see a half million getting thrown down down on what I see as a relatively small dip, makes me feel poor (and envious?).
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    And .... they're gone.

    I went back to look and maybe dip again and they are sold out. Moto - did you pick up the last of them?
    I still see the Lions as "presale" (maybe a different dealer, think "B") -- however I keep single purchases to a relatively small amount to avoid reporting requirements, for the dealers running out of plat bullion on sales -- lets blame Nikko!
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

  3. #53

    Default

    Monum****l Metals, and they are (well, they were) on pre-sale shipping in October.

  4. #54

    Default

    Now showing available again as presale, but with another $5 bump in price.

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    I also appreciate having Nikko's contributions (and heads up on prices) here, and hope he knows I'm one to question all, allies and opponents, so not to take it as a sign of not having respect or liking his input. By some measures, I'm a 1 percenter in the wealth range --however when I see a half million getting thrown down down on what I see as a relatively small dip, makes me feel poor (and envious?).
    18,000
    $80.0899
    $82.00
    $1,441,618.20

    $1,475,912.95
    -$34,294.75
    -2.32%

    I took the position to 18k today...This is a trade and not a very longterm position. My avg is 82 as u can see.
    As far as being a Vegas gambler I am NOT. Its a large trade for me and I see it as a good one. I do see this dip way differently from the Covid dip and I do not see many better trades out there.

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Now showing available again as presale, but with another $5 bump in price.
    Yes, and thanks -- and they are beating the other dealer by about $5/oz. Maybe the one to keep tabs on for platinum? (Or is this just a special with Q's Beasts to order?)

    Seems like those with the best deals keep changing -- guess it's nature of the business, free market competition and all....
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

  7. #57

    Default

    My dealer is awesome! Picked up another 7 ounces of pt for $914 each all secondary market Swiss UBS 1oz bars.

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    18,000
    $80.0899
    $82.00
    $1,441,618.20

    $1,475,912.95
    -$34,294.75
    -2.32%

    I took the position to 18k today...This is a trade and not a very longterm position. My avg is 82 as u can see.
    As far as being a Vegas gambler I am NOT. Its a large trade for me and I see it as a good one. I do see this dip way differently from the Covid dip and I do not see many better trades out there.
    I hold PPLT until I can convert to physical. Have kitco pool platinum also, a more discreet. I do also trade it, but in relatively small amounts (can't help it). For me, PM's are more about in physical form for long term (and some I hope to pass on to my kids), use PPLT primarily as a low spot price marker (when I could not find physical for reasonable premiums). Most of my PPLT purchased at under 70 a share. However, I still think premiums are very high -- got most of my physical I now hold at under +$50 over spot (and a good amount of that was less then a year ago).
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
    My dealer is awesome! Picked up another 7 ounces of pt for $914 each all secondary market Swiss UBS 1oz bars.
    That is awesome TurboLag.

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    I hold PPLT until I can convert to physical. Have kitco pool platinum also, a more discreet. I do also trade it, but in relatively small amounts (can't help it). For me, PM's are more about in physical form for long term (and some I hope to pass on to my kids), use PPLT primarily as a low spot price marker (when I could not find physical for reasonable premiums). Most of my PPLT purchased at under 70 a share. However, I still think premiums are very high -- got most of my physical I now hold at under +$50 over spot (and a good amount of that was less then a year ago).
    When trading opps present themselves I go for it. Bought options on SLV when silver was trading near 13 and made 600% this year.
    When I exit this PPLT trade and hopefully make good money, I will take half the profits and buy the real stuff...thats the way I see it.
    I will pay tax on it, but who cares.
    I dont think this dip will last and I can see platinum at 1000 this year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •