Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest score: Platinum Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    My dealer is already pre sold on the 500 Maples he is expecting from the RCM, and wont take new orders ( he owes me 40 of those )
    So even though price is crashing its hard to take advantage with physical purchases. PPLT or pool accounts are pretty much the only option for size orders.
    Bought my last bunch of PPLT today. Holding 7 figures worth as a trade and for the moment losing a bundle!
    Long 12,000 at 83.61
    I predicted we had seen the highs of the year in gold a few weeks ago and we would not touch 2000 for the rest of the year. With platinum, Im not sure what to expect but I like these levels. PPLT cold definitely go under 80 though...well see.

Bought my last bunch of PPLT today. Holding 7 figures worth as a trade and for the moment losing a bundle!
    Long 12,000 at 83.61
    I predicted we had seen the highs of the year in gold a few weeks ago and we would not touch 2000 for the rest of the year. With platinum, Im not sure what to expect but I like these levels. PPLT cold definitely go under 80 though...well see.
    Brave man, I couldn't do it....I need physical or I'm not buying. Nikko I hope it turns a profit for you by the time physical delivery catches up so you can swap.

I've been a long term buyer of both digital and physical platinum (since it's value went lower then gold), however I don't get the big buys happening now. What happened to the ETF buyers in March? Folks -- as one can verify with my pasts post on the platinum section -- I went big then, getting at even under $600 an oz! That's when I was a big ass PPLT buyer, but even then, still had some dry powder reserves when it was all over (bear ran away to fast). Why would one get 1/2 a million just now --in March, did anyone think the dollar "printing presses" would not be turned up? Is this really unpredictable to so many experts in the financial field? It almost seems unfair how I can so soundly beat those who are supposed to know more then myself given they are "professional experts". I don't know the future anymore then anyone else, and I am not confident in my abilities to fortune tell (my cat was an exception), which is perhaps why I keep lots of options open, want to avoid to many "eggs in one basket" (I know I can trip). That's why I like Gold, Silver, and Platinum, in both digital and physical forms, both here and there, on dry land, in my boat, or "lost at sea". But bonds -- they are for suckers, let's get the straight.

Now, at these lower prices and better premiums, I've started to trade in my PPLT for physical bullion -- see some Valcambi bars for near $900, not bad. Trading the digital for physical now will also make the tax free dance a lot easier. I'm rooting for even lower now -- easy to welcome the bears when you still got lots of that dry powder, and more always coming -- shooting is fun!
    Last edited by motocat; 09-23-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Hi Moto

Do you like Valcambi bars for "near $900" more than the Queens Beast coins at $935 currently available?

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    I've been a long term buyer of both digital and physical platinum (since it's value went lower then gold), however I don't get the big buys happening now. What happened to the ETF buyers in March? Folks -- as one can verify with my pasts post on the platinum section -- I went big then, getting at even under $600 an oz! That's when I was a big ass PPLT buyer, but even then, still had some dry powder reserves when it was all over (bear ran away to fast). Why would one get 1/2 a million just now --in March, did anyone think the dollar "printing presses" would not be turned up? Is this really unpredictable to so many experts in the financial field? It almost seems unfair how I can so soundly beat those who are supposed to know more then myself given they are "professional experts". I don't know the future anymore then anyone else, and I am not confident in my abilities to fortune tell (my cat was an exception), which is perhaps why I keep lots of options open, want to avoid to many "eggs in one basket" (I know I can trip). That's why I like Gold, Silver, and Platinum, in both digital and physical forms, both here and there, on dry land, in my boat, or "lost at sea". But bonds -- they are for suckers, let's get the straight.

Now, at these lower prices and better premiums, I've started to trade in my PPLT for physical bullion -- see some Valcambi bars for near $900, not bad. Trading the digital for physical now will also make the tax free dance a lot easier. I'm rooting for even lower now -- easy to welcome the bears when you still got lots of that dry powder, and more always coming -- shooting is fun!
    during the covid breakdown I was buying FCX at 5.00 ...its at 15 now a much better return than PPLT. ( 200% ) There were way better buys than platinum back then ( including TSLA ) 400% . I dont see anything more attractive than PPLT or platinum rigfht now and thats why I went big.
    Your logic is irrational to me.

during the covid breakdown I was buying FCX at 5.00 ...its at 15 now a much better return than PPLT. ( 200% ) There were way better buys than platinum back then ( including TSLA ) 400% . I dont see anything more attractive than PPLT or platinum rigfht now and thats why I went big.
    Your logic is irrational to me.
    I'm not a trader, just a buyer of precious metals on dips, the better the more I get. I simply do not consider the present dip significant enough to use all my dry powder on, and it would be good to know why you think this dip is so special vs so many others over the years. With traders, I know that just like Vegas gamblers, they like to report when they win big; all their losses are not something they like to repeat.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Hi Moto

Do you like Valcambi bars for "near $900" more than the Queens Beast coins at $935 currently available?
    I would go with the Queens beast (not into plastic wrap), I don't see such a deal myself, and the Queen's Beast series is one I'm particularly fond of. The Valcambi bar deal I found, is now sold out, maybe Nikko bought them all up!

EDIT: I found the Beast (Lion) deal, though you need to get 20 to get that deal ($10 more if under 10 - a similar difference if you got earlier today or now). That's the platinum to get if you are buying today.
    Last edited by motocat; 09-24-2020 at 12:27 PM.

jrt mentioned the dealer above. I just bought some more, they went up 11 bucks but still available.

As far as Nikko's large bets on Pt - I'm glad he joined the forum and appreciate his posts. As a stacker of physical - and as a small time trader of various paper - I find it useful to see someone posting the details of their substantial positions. I certainly hope to see a huge win come about for Nikko, but if that is not in the cards he has laid his hand out for all to see.

And .... they're gone.

I went back to look and maybe dip again and they are sold out. Moto - did you pick up the last of them?