Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest score: Platinum Edition

$895 - way to go TurboLag!!! Relatioinships with your LCSs is paying off.

@Nikko - thanks for sharing your plat trrades with us.

picked up 3 bars at $970 each. 6 mo. same as cash. free shipping. not so great, but did get in a few on a bit of a drop in pricing. i checked buy back prices of one ozt plat bars vs govt coins of different realms. the listed buy back premium loss was less on the bars than on the coins. i checked 3 different online dealers and if that difference holds true in a year or so, if the price climbs and the availability possibility is better then i am confident that i made the frugal choice buying the sealed bars over the coins. we shall see, but at least i was able to take some of the proceeds from selling silver last week before the drop. i have unsuccessfully been checking my various lcs's and there is no available platinum coming into their shops so i did the next best thing and went to a larger online dealer whom i trust.
    Last edited by maxwellsilverhammer; 09-22-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    Wow, half a million on what is a relatively minor move. You must be a big player (who treats a million like most here would treat $10K), or one who is perhaps a bit to confident in telling the future, and goes "all in" to easily. I did go big back in March. This is nothing. Hope you are very wealth - 7 figure income and hundreds of millions; but then I would not understand the lack of concern PPLT trading can have on your taxes.....
    Ive done well in life burt certainly not worth 100 mil! lol. Im also not reckless with my trading....this is nowhere near all in.
    I added another 3500 PPLT today at 81.60 to lower my cost a bit.
    When I see trading opportunities, I take them, and I believe this drop is a good one.
    I cannt get good size in physical platinum anywhere in Canada presently and am owed 40 coins from my dealer who is still waiting for his delivery from the mint...he wont accept orders presently and says wait could be till end of year.
    regarding taxes and PPLT, sure I will pay cap gains on a gain...but then I made money so who cares?
    Last edited by Nikko; 09-22-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Interesting that platinum has went nowhere compared to gold since April. May be a good time to add some.

Quote Originally Posted by ifionlyhadsomegold View Post
    Interesting that platinum has went nowhere compared to gold since April. May be a good time to add some.
    this is a great buying opp imo. Cant get physical so PPLT is only option

A website that starts with Monu and ends with an s has Queens Beasts 2021's for for 960's right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    $895 - way to go TurboLag!!! Relatioinships with your LCSs is paying off.

@Nikko - thanks for sharing your plat trrades with us.
    Yep been buying from him almost 10 years now and he calls me when things come in which is greatly appreciated plus the prices are right.

Quote Originally Posted by jrtjrt View Post
    A website that starts with Monu and ends with an s has Queens Beasts 2021's for for 960's right now.
    I pre ordered some from JM, when they arrive in October and if I like them I'll probably buy a tube at these prices and if its in stock.

Spot platinum at 848! cmmmmoooooonnn baby crash again so we can have purchases in the high 700's premium included. Gogogogo

Quote Originally Posted by jrtjrt View Post
    Spot platinum at 848! cmmmmoooooonnn baby crash again so we can have purchases in the high 700's premium included. Gogogogo
    My dealer is already pre sold on the 500 Maples he is expecting from the RCM, and wont take new orders ( he owes me 40 of those )
    So even though price is crashing its hard to take advantage with physical purchases. PPLT or pool accounts are pretty much the only option for size orders.

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast