Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest score: Platinum Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    Well someone is lying for sure. I assume that the mint is not quite telling the truth as Queens Beast are selling quite a bit cheaper than Maples in Canada. If they were brought over from England, shipping alone, would not allow this. In physical, shipping costs are everything.
    The amount ALL platinum bullion is selling for over spot easily negates any shipping cost. It's simply about who has more plat coins to sell. For a short while earlier this year, you could get Eagles for less than most others -- simply because the U.S. mint had just stocked up some dealer with them. Remember that action? Apparently, the Royal mint and Valcambi are two who have found a way to continue supply. I can only wish more mints were in the platinum action, then I would be once again telling you of my "scores".
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
    Well someone is lying for sure. I assume that the mint is not quite telling the truth as Queens Beast are selling quite a bit cheaper than Maples in Canada. If they were brought over from England, shipping alone, would not allow this. In physical, shipping costs are everything.
    Its not like they are shipping out one monster box on an empty plane with no other goods. Just because queens beasts are selling for a lower premium doesn't mean something is happening. A sovereign mint with the capability the royal mint has wouldn't outsource production to a private mint. As moto stated valcambi has had low premiums and they are coming from Switzerland, 2+ years ago during my first PSR trade I was buying valcambi for $25 over spot.

Has anyone come across any Sharps Pixley platinum bars?

I'm old bar collector and have been searching for them, at least one. Their site in England states that they make them, yet they have zero in stock.

Sharps Pixley is owned by Degussa which I found is interesting. Any help would be appreciated.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Has anyone come across any Sharps Pixley platinum bars?

I'm old bar collector and have been searching for them, at least one. Their site in England states that they make them, yet they have zero in stock.

Sharps Pixley is owned by Degussa which I found is interesting. Any help would be appreciated.
    Good luck finding one, last time I saw one was probably on apmex more than 6 years ago. Even degussa bars are hard to find and I only have one beat up 100g bar.

Kitco has Maples on sale $955.37 - I guess that's about $84 over spot. I bought 6.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
    Good luck finding one, last time I saw one was probably on apmex more than 6 years ago. Even degussa bars are hard to find and I only have one beat up 100g bar.
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've looked at a lot of sites and no luck so far. I don't think their is a rarity premium factor so much as just the lack of production. Also don't think there are many collectors that want to add something like this to their collections, would only add it if they saw one at a reasonable price. Just some thoughts. Thanks again.
    ...be your own Health Care System... grow your own and eat well

Quote Originally Posted by digbird View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've looked at a lot of sites and no luck so far. I don't think their is a rarity premium factor so much as just the lack of production. Also don't think there are many collectors that want to add something like this to their collections, would only add it if they saw one at a reasonable price. Just some thoughts. Thanks again.
    If you have to have one contact apmex and ask. A few months back I really wanted some larger bars and asked for 5oz and 10oz Johnson Matthey pt bars, they told me they rarely have them and can't do much. A week later I was able to get one of each. I've been also bugging them about 1/2 kilo valcambi bars and they just started stocking them. They are pretty good at finding things in my experience, I've made some odd requests in the past for rare Johnson Matthey silver bars as well and they eventually find them.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Kitco has Maples on sale $955.37 - I guess that's about $84 over spot. I bought 6.
    Random year or new BU 2020's?
    Nice pick up BTW

Quote Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
    Random year or new BU 2020's?
    Nice pick up BTW
    Random year - https://online.kitco.com/buy/3105/1-...Coin-9995-3105

In 2014 the spot price high was 1500,low was around 1190. Repeating myself but finding physical platinum for mid 900s with premium(Queens Beast, Maples, Britannias) is a very solid holding. Just read that mining production for 2020 will be down 12% overall against last year. The mines are getting very deep and old as well. At this point in no hurry to see the price start to run. Maybe the powerful banks are keeping the price suppressed like they did silver for all the years. Someone always has an agenda, 7-8 million a year oz market anything can happen with the price. If it goes above 1100 everyone will be talking about how they wish they had bough more in the 900s, ha!. Im still young but even with my little knowledge on the whole I love buying metals when they are cheap and and not on investors radars. Big Five coins are coming soon. They are lower mintage and carried very high premiums when they were almost all sold out. When they are first released the premium is much lower though.