Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold as a replacement for large cash and bond savings

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    I don't know much about cash backed by gold in Germany in those years. I know about the hyperinflation that happened in the earlier 20's in the Weimar Republic. Did they also have gold and silver certificates that were honored by real gold and silver you could trade them in for, and this system was not abused?

As a boy, I collected U.S. silver certificates. In my late teens, I wanted to redeem them for the silver as noted on them. Then I learned the truth. The promises on the certificates were not kept, my government was like a crack addicted ho. So is it that even Germany during hyperinflation kept to the papers gold and silver promises while our wealthier government could not?

All of great grand dad's money and wealth was acquired in the US after he immigrated from Germany. He basically came to this country with nothing.
    Stacking since the late 1970's

Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    Damn it....I wanted to hit you up for a loan....figured youd be loaded...
    I have been loaded a few times in my younger years...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    I would like to propose that the people stop looking at gold as just another asset to have some exposure to for "diversity" (I commonly hear keeping 2-10%), and that rather, it become a replacement for your savings in cash and bonds. Of course, keep some of your regions common currency for near term expenses (say 3 months), however the faith that has been placed by supposed financial experts on cash (and related bonds) is misplaced, given it's proven and necessary nature is to keep falling in value over time as trillions more in fiat digits are created. Look to silver and platinum as areas to diversify ones assets in PM bullion. And if you can, even do business directly with financial transactions in gold bullion, to help cement the idea that gold is money -- the king of money -- natural money -- God's money.

Gold is, has, and will be for the foreseeable the time tested solid core of money. Cash and bonds will just loose value, a fools savings. So now, instead of say 40% in stock, 40% in bonds, 10% in gold, 5% cash, 5% ____ - have 40% stock, 40% gold, 10% silver/platinum, 5% cash, 5% _____. One needs to stick to this plan even when gold is not on a bull run, as it is on the downs when gold is not favored that saving in it can really pay off.
    all who wear mask is effectively controlled by Fiat. Fake money drive fake science and rules the ignorant with all weapons invented. With such corruptions which naturally produce fake science, fake weapons and eventually all become VR and fake digital threat and eventually end up with the last most stupid weapon is by telling lies like a child.

No animals recognize money except "brainwashed" human with intelligence close to zombie are rules by money.
    Last edited by SnakeEater; 01-05-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    I have been loaded a few times in my younger years...LOL
    how did you lose it in your younger years?

i'm guessing you put it in the stock market and got caught in a crash or some bad business deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEater View Post
    all who wear mask is effectively controlled by Fiat. Fake money drive fake science and rules the ignorant with all weapons invented. With such corruptions which naturally produce fake science, fake weapons and eventually all become VR and fake digital threat and eventually end up with the last most stupid weapon is by telling lies like a child.

No animals recognize money except "brainwashed" human with intelligence close to zombie are rules by money.
    I believe you are connecting to many unrelated things, and there are an awful lot of people with various beliefs you do not know. But alas, your last line give your true motives away. Good thing gold has none.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercoin View Post

i'm guessing you put it in the stock market and got caught in a crash or some bad business deal.
    He was "loaded" silvercoin -- nobody lasts to long in that state!
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

I'm suggesting that Lawrence was merely making a pun/play on words when he stated that he was "loaded" in his younger years (as in drunk). I'd also hazard a guess that Mr. Lawrence is far from indigent at this point!

"Loaded" in as too much to drink (alcohol)...Sorry, just my attempt at some light humor. LOL

I'm moving this to another thread
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Gold down about $100 from recent highs, some reports say it is due to "risk aversion". That is entirely B.S., if so, then why not such declines in stock and bitcoin? Ignore the news folks, just buy low, sell high.

Makes no sense, all I know it is a nice price today, and I'm constantly getting income in their digits -- of which I have a good amount, will fire away some recent income today, if further declines, have more in store -- will keep shooting till $1700 upon which time I would to have used all up and then just wait for new supplies.