Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Thread: 2nd Stimulus

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    I feel the same way. Responsible behavior has been punished while the debt swallowing jones's have been living high off the hog.
    +1 True that
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDnSILVERchips View Post
    Anyone who does get a stimulus I'd suggest ..
    1) Pay off debt
    Or
    2) Buy Money with their Currency
    Yup that ..............

Well, it appears that we'll be getting that $2000 after all.

Que up the Bachman-Turner Overdrive and prepare to be stimulated . . . . .
    "It's the lure of easy money - It's got a very strong appeal." - Glenn Frey (The Smuggler's Blues)

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead View Post
    Well, it appears that we'll be getting that $2000 after all.

Que up the Bachman-Turner Overdrive and prepare to be stimulated . . . . .
    I just got $600. Do you think they will they stimulate another $1400 my way . . or another full $2000?
    No his mind is not for rent
    To any god or government
    Always hopeful, yet discontent
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    I just got $600. Do you think they will they stimulate another $1400 my way . . or another full $2000?
    With full DEM-ocracy in D.C., who knows? I'd rate the additional $1400 at 100% probability, and 50% probability for an additional $2000 handout (which could be later in the spring). Remember, Uncle Joe said the $600 was a "down payment".
    "It's the lure of easy money - It's got a very strong appeal." - Glenn Frey (The Smuggler's Blues)

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." - Thomas Jefferson

Latest stimulus for 1400 just hit my account effective 3/15 although it's still 3/14 it's showing up anyway.

Get ready for the next round of porkulas spending: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/am...ys-11615823512
    American Legion Preamble: https://www.legion.org/preamble

Quote Originally Posted by everything1 View Post
    Latest stimulus for 1400 just hit my account effective 3/15 although it's still 3/14 it's showing up anyway.
    Yeah, the wife and I have a $2,800 deposit pending. What to spend it on?
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Local restaurant are always a good idea as many have been hurt by the pandemic. Tipping their staff well will is always appreciated too, I'm sure. A year ago when the economic picture was bleak the say the least, I remember going all around town buying beer from my favorite local breweries. Didn't want them dying on me
    The answers are in the data

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Most everyone I know gets at least $20K through the 2nd PPP (those who got the first one get the 2nd pretty easy). Some associates I know are in Bali, will be using that to redecorate their seaside "cottage" -- they did not quite finish using their "unemployment" funds -- no matter it was their businesses best year ever -- high "expenses" bring income zero! The higher you are, the more games you play to gain ever more digits.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789