Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opinion? The Queen on a coins obverse

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    if you think QE effigy on obverse is bad, you don't want to see king charles.
    Let's just hope they don't decide to honor the Queen Consort with a coin - I'm still trying to overcome the shock of seeing the Eunice Kennedy Shriver silver dollar. Some things can't be un-seen.
    "It's the lure of easy money - It's got a very strong appeal." - Glenn Frey (The Smuggler's Blues)

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead View Post
    Let's just hope they don't decide to honor the Queen Consort with a coin - I'm still trying to overcome the shock of seeing the Eunice Kennedy Shriver silver dollar. Some things can't be un-seen.
    some commonwealth already have.

+ falkland island,

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    some commonwealth already have.

Why does that first example remind me of Princess Di?
    And the Charles effigy looks like a cartoon.

In the second and third examples, Charles looks like he's too young, But Camilla is presented in all her radiant glory.
    Last edited by LeadHead; 09-26-2022 at 10:29 AM. Reason: added content
    "It's the lure of easy money - It's got a very strong appeal." - Glenn Frey (The Smuggler's Blues)

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123