Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinion? The Queen on a coins obverse

Default Opinion? The Queen on a coins obverse

The queen is depicted on a significant percentage of government minted coins. Cant say that I am a big fan, especially the newer maple leafs. The reverse of many numismatic issues have beautiful artwork depicted, however I am always hesitant because the flipside portrays the bust of her majesty. Would like to see more gov. Issued coins with both obverse and reverse themes; the bust noticeably toned down or absent.

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    The queen is depicted on a significant percentage of government minted coins. Cant say that I am a big fan, especially the newer maple leafs. The reverse of many numismatic issues have beautiful artwork depicted, however I am always hesitant because the flipside portrays the bust of her majesty. Would like to see more gov. Issued coins with both obverse and reverse themes; the bust noticeably toned down or absent.
    As long as they remain gold or silver I don't care who or what is stamped on the coins. I'm acquiring metal, not art.

Quote Originally Posted by and4rik View Post
    Sadly goes to show how many countries are British colonies, perfectly great way to ruin a good coin.

Been looking at private mints but have not yet purchased. Main reason being gov issues are more recognizable upon resale. Of course bullion bars like sunshine mint would be the next choice but resale value is entirely based on spot price, no good if you expect a steep drop off from comex.

if you think QE effigy on obverse is bad, you don't want to see king charles.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    if you think QE effigy on obverse is bad, you don't want to see king charles.
    Can't wait for the next generation US 3 1/2 centsless coins....

Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post

I think they plan on using that picture on the three dollar bill.

if you think QE effigy on obverse is bad, you don't want to see king charles

I second that. I'll probably keep away from commonwealth bullion, consider it like "corona", and only get at considerably lower price than other bullion. No matter, coins are not the way to go these days anyway, nothing wrong with bricks....
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

that biden photo always lead me to this image on my head. So a 3.5 cents coin would be fitting

A half cent might be more fitting.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast