Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Could you go "All Out"

Quote Originally Posted by dukadan View Post
    I never understood crypto because it is internet dependant

Crypto's fatal flaw is you need power and a device to trade it (Use It)and so does your trading partner. If people start an uprise government just kills the power and your at their mercy( Its gone). Seems the video gamers like it ( They have been primed for years in the fantasy world of video games).

Dont like much that relies on a Internet connection. Example: About a 2 months ago I walk into to my local supermarket and saw long lines asked what was going on. They said the system for electronic payments is down if you have cash you can go to register 1 when your done shopping I look over not one person. Shopped Put all my items on the counter at register 1 reached into my pocket pull out some fiat and I' m done. All the electronic payment lovers still on the long lines crying like babies. Perfect example of how your economy would come to a stand still if we go to war and I kill your internet connections or power source.

Crypto's Fatal flaw....
    Last edited by Silver and Gold; 05-17-2020 at 07:54 PM.

But crypto is quick, and dirty, as in if you want to deal in more tax-free, corrupt like financial circles it might be a winner. But, that's just my quick speculation couch driven opinion. I'm not pro-crypto, in fact I think their's to much of it for it to get adopted full circle anytime soon.

I'm more curious about a cataylst for unseating the dollar hegemony. I want to find another way to diversify out of the dollar, and not just au/ag. I want to invest in Asia, but not via hedgies or index funds. I want to own a piece of a Chinese E-commerce corporation, and I'm not talking about a couple of stock shares. If it's delisted from the NYSE I don't care, give me stock certificates, it will still be traded on London or Hong Kong exchanges. We can't stop the tide of consumerism or growing asian middle classes.

As America continues to isolate itself via trade protectionism, the rest of the world is going to just keep going without us, you can't stop science, progress, technology, robotics, A.I., the power of the smartphone, 5G, and/or consumer based or service based economies.

Any further words by anyone who foresees a cataylst for the dollar falling out of favor by the world?

Totally believe in the power of cash, I have a food vendor who uses a website to gather customers, they didn't have a choice in part, but I still pay them cash because that website sucks 9% right off the top for being the middle man.

Quote Originally Posted by everything1 View Post
    I want to find another way to diversify out of the dollar, and not just au/ag.
    Ah there is the purpose of this thread. Losing confidence in the USD and where to turn to for the next currency.
    This printing press is killing my value and purchase power of the FIAT that I have trusted my entire life
    (so we were bilked and labored for a lot less than we believed) That folks, does not sit well with me.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    Ah there is the purpose of this thread. Losing confidence in the USD and where to turn to for the next currency.
    This printing press is killing my value and purchase power of the FIAT that I have trusted my entire life
    (so we were bilked and labored for a lot less than we believed) That folks, does not sit well with me.
    Right,

I got/raise goats, and a hobbie bending tin, tin smithing etc...

Currently stacking goats and flat metal sheet stock.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Right,

I got/raise goats, and a hobbie bending tin, tin smithing etc...

Currently stacking goats and flat metal sheet stock.
    Westerner, payment for portions of your stack occur in FIAT?
    Which makes sense if you change that payment FIAT into other holdings straight away.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

I'm buying Asian stocks, LONG, but holding back 50% if I need to cost average down later. It doesn't mean I won't cash out if I see a storm coming either. But when China built the greatest wall the world has ever known, makes the best fireworks, invented gunpowder, built a better crossbow, a better chariot than the Romans, and is leading exporter in world, well uhh, sorry America, you bankrupt your middle class, while China grows it's middle class.

I don't know what else to do, so many American corporations are valued either allot, or not much, while essentially bankrupt either way. Also, we see they are merging now, this was happening leading up to the dot com crash back in 2001. The U.S. is tech heavy with companies that are running on add revenues, I don't see the value. I think the books are cooked, and the SEC is not doing it's job. Also, when 4 FANG stocks are driving your stock market, just not adding up to me anymore.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234