Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could you go "All Out"

It looks like bitcoin will push over 10k again, I think it will easily hit 25k eventually. China has something in the works, Ethereum looks like it will take a run as well, why?, the world demands it, and to much cash swimming upstream looking for places to go.

Their are so many alternative payment methods these days, it's all weird financial competitions to me, just money or money denominated being moved around, it still all converts to dollars or some local currency anyway.

I tend to keep investments diversified, if your working, growing older, and not blowing it along the way, it just piles up.

I could not go "all out". I realized how many people are going along with the feds game, so I will always keep some in that, no matter how irrational it may seem to me. Still, I will also keep a good amount in gold and other PM's, and don't get those with 100% faith in the dollar, stock and especially bonds.

Have not gone in the cybercurrency thing yet, can't do with something I don't understand or have faith in, and nor is it widely used (yet). So many other ways to stay ahead of dollar inflation, and anything digital now tires me, even more so in these days of "social isolation".
    Last edited by motocat; 05-05-2020 at 12:35 PM.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Quote Originally Posted by motocat View Post
    I could not go "all out". I realized how many people are going along with the feds game, so I will always keep some in that, no matter how irrational it may seem to me. Still, I will also keep a good amount in gold and other PM's, and don't get those with 100% faith in the dollar, stock and especially bonds.

Have not gone in the cybercurrency thing yet, can't do with something I don't understand or have faith in, and nor it is widely used (yet). So many other ways to stay ahead of dollar inflation, and anything digital now tires me, even more say in these days of "social isolation".
    We are totally parallel in our take on this. I would like to be more in the Au zone than at present.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kittycoer View Post
    I feel bad for you. You have obviously no clue how Bitcoin actually works. Like, read the whitepaper by Satoshi Nakamoto first, maybe try to build an app that directly interacts with Bitcoin, the code is all open source. This is a minimum if you don't wanna look ignorant.

Your problem is you just read "federal reserve is gonna enslave us all by blockchain technology" and get scared sh*tless. Only people who don't understand things get scared.
    I still fail to see the upside of using bitcoin, maybe we dont "understand" so please enlighten me. Im serious.

In a hypothetical situation: I have $10K in cash and I put $5K in my mattress and $5K into bitcoin. A month later my HVAC system dies out and a new system will cost $10K. I go to my mattress and grab the $5K cash and go online to cash out my bitcoin but the price has dropped and now my $5K is worth $4K, so now I have to borrow $1K to be able to get a new HVAC system. I would have been better just keeping it in cash but now I am $1K in debt since bitcoin lost value. How is bitcoin better since the price fluctuates? Its seems as risky as investing in the stock market...

U.S. Dollar Index (DXY)

And Gold going higher....hmmmm
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Will be diversified in whatever the US universally accepts, physical, stocks (which are still redeemed in the Dollar).

I'll leave Bitcoin for the bottom 1%. I say bottom 1% because likely 99% of the population doesn't want it.
    Metals are for Investors who take more risk with what’s Real, and less with what’s not. Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    Yeah my take is that perhaps certain "purhases" may not be allowed...like ammo...like over your "quota" of sugar or other
    things that are now allowed. So.....we are thus trapped. Can I trade sea shells...?
    buy them now or through craiglist or gun show

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    Thanks Silverone. I think the cricket chirping speaks Loudly to the answer I seek.
    With 10%premiums required to get into the AU holding arena now, I remain in the spectator gallery.
    And watch it evaporate around the edges
    expect 10% premium as the new normal

I never understood crypto because it is internet dependant

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    expect 10% premium as the new normal
    I have been dillydallying and really missed the boat on the prices when I started this thread....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast