Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does The Debt Matter?

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    I guess my real question would be, if debt doesn't matter, why the need for taxes? Why not just print the money and leave the people their money?
    There needs to be a means of control. There is no better agency to do that than the IRS...if you owe taxes, anything and everything you own can be seized.

To us and anyone else, the debt is just a number...will anyone here feel any difference between 20 trillion and 30 trillion? I guess no.

Personal debt is a different story.

I had the thought our debt was about to reach the breaking point...but we sailed by that, clear skies ahead to 30 trillion and beyond.

IIRC I started a thread a while back asking "how much is too much debt?"

We finally have a man in office that understands debt and how it is used...I trust him over any politician to get us in the right direction.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

I guess my real question would be, if debt doesn't matter, why the need for taxes? Why not just print the money and leave the people their money?
    Money is debt. Debt is money.

Taxes are there to support the debt money. You must pay your taxes in FRN's. Meaning taxes were created AT THE SAME TIME as FRNs. Tax statutes passed after the ratification of the Sixteenth Amendment...in 1913, the same time as the Federal Reserve Act. ON PURPOSE.

Ideally, the country should be able to print it's money and spend it directly into the economy. Then taxes would only be needed to lower the money supply (to keep inflation in check).

So, without debt, there is no money....in the current system.
    Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 04-13-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Debt doesn't matter at all when you can create fiat out of thin air. My guess is the banksters and politicians will continue to rule and the sheep will continue to be slaves.
    Buy Low Sell High

Keeping it simple with the Eagles, Maples and Krugs....

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
    Money is debt. Debt is money.

Taxes are there to support the debt money. You must pay your taxes in FRN's. Meaning taxes were created AT THE SAME TIME as FRNs. Tax statutes passed after the ratification of the Sixteenth Amendment...in 1913, the same time as the Federal Reserve Act. ON PURPOSE.

Ideally, the country should be able to print it's money and spend it directly into the economy. Then taxes would only be needed to lower the money supply (to keep inflation in check).

So, without debt, there is no money....in the current system.
    Perhaps taxes are there to obligate us "to work". The government forces us to work to pay them for their existence and make an economy.
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Markpti View Post
    Perhaps taxes are there to obligate us "to work". The government forces us to work to pay them for their existence and make an economy.
    Part of it, but mainly it justifies the FRN. You must have the FRN to pay it. You can't pay your taxes in gold or bitcoin.

Part of it, but mainly it justifies the FRN. You must have the FRN to pay it. You can't pay your taxes in gold or bitcoin.
    But once we could. And could again if the government/IRS rewrote the law.?

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Markpti View Post
    But once we could. And could again if the government/IRS rewrote the law.?
    True, but they support the current system. It keeps them and their cronies in power.
    Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 04-14-2020 at 07:37 AM.

True, but they support the current system. It keep them and their cronies in power.
    Drat!!!!!!!!

We are in a good position because, really, forget the companies that are too big to fail, America seems too big to fail. I have read up on the history of silver trade, fiat , etc. It seems like we have them where we want them. Fully invested in us. The more self sufficient America becomes the more China loses. They probably hold more American dollars than America. There is a reason we used to have to pay silver in the orient. I doubt we really lost any war really. If I was president I would really protect the reserve currency. One way to do it is not be a global cop or demonize. Just do the capitalism business.

If we rip off China with debasement now, where would they be if we became self sufficient? That is what can happen now in critical fields and will set China back. Myself I think an American company should invent 3d plastic factory using robots that can quickly be mobilized to produce various items. They could sell a lot of stuff and be massively flexible and stretegic.
    Last edited by Bobmhey; 04-14-2020 at 01:05 AM.

Move to the Congo and live the dream.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast