Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does The Debt Matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Markpti View Post
    That prediction in A Case For Gold was made in the early 80.

Two forces act as binders. The force of what the big money wants and the fear we all have of the aftermath of the chickens coming home.
    If you bought PM's on every pullback since the 80's you are the fox.

Since the US Dollar is the world reserve currency, we can abuse the system more than others. In order to dethrone the dollar, you need an alternative. Do you see an alternative anywhere? Any country could choose to back their currency with gold, oil, or something else. But none have. Even if it is just another fiat currency, you need better conditions than the US (rule of law, deep liquidity, non cancellation of currency or debts) for it to possibly replace the dollar. The US is doing all it can to reduce the rule of law. Debt cancellation may be next. Currency cancellation will be the death knell.

Quote Originally Posted by ifionlyhadsomegold View Post
    If you bought PM's on every pullback since the 80's you are the fox.
    That's good.....as long as when the chicken git ett by the foxes, there's a transaction economy to cash them in. Otherwise, bullet's sound more delicious.

EDIT:

https://www.facebook.com/beinglibert...g&__tn__=EHH-R
    Last edited by Markpti; 04-11-2020 at 04:09 PM.
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

That's good.....as long as when the chicken git ett by the foxes, there's a transaction economy to cash them in. Otherwise, bullet's sound more delicious.

EDIT:

https://www.facebook.com/beinglibert...g&__tn__=EHH-R
    Bullets be precious metal as well as ag and au.

Debt matters in a household that is unable to pay it back in a reasonable amount of time, before they are overtaken by interest and legal proceedings for default. Same thing could happen to countries, except they have the power to create more debt and assign a positive interest rate on bonds as collateral.

I guess my real question would be, if debt doesn't matter, why the need for taxes? Why not just print the money and leave the people their money?
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

Pretty, pretty confused if I might say so.
    Yep There is a lot of confusion in my mind about the answer to the OP question. Does the Debt Matter?
    Well at this point because it was laid upon us I say that the consequences of the new and increased
    Debt Level will matter. IMO it has diluted our currency more than any quantum easing we have seen so far.
    It was money we did not have to spend. Coupled with current events unprecedented.
    I join the popcorn eating segment. A LOT of dust needs to settle in order to check my surroundings.
    Now if we have a Jubilee Day and forgive ALL debt that would effectively re-boot the system. BUT once
    again being Debt Free I remain outside eating popcorn and watching the show.
    Last edited by vertical1; 04-12-2020 at 08:48 AM.
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    I have told people in the past that we, as a country, cannot spend more than we take in, any more than a family cannot spend more than they bring in. When I have said that, I have been chastised that the economy of a country is not the same as the economy of an individual, and that debt doesn't matter.

So, in your opinion, does a nations debt matter?
    Evidently it only matters to those who will have to pay for it. The ones who are responsible for the debt will not have to worry about it.

TB
    "I was born upon a prairie where the wind blew free and there was nothing to break the light of the sun. I was born where there were no enclosures and where everything drew a free breath.I want to die there, and not within walls."
    Ten Bears - Yamparika Comanche
    From Outlaw Josey Wales movie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xd3Eawz5VI

Servicing debt matters. Rolling over debt matters. Financing debt matters. Creating debt matters. Paying it back?, not in bankruptcy. Debt creation, yes that matters allot. I know a few who have debt they won't pay, they don't care. They know they can let it sit, and either work out a payment plan, or try to get it reduced. They don't have anything, so what can they take from you. They may have car debt, they make the payment they won't take the car, it's not worth much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ten bears View Post
    Evidently it only matters to those who will have to pay for it. The ones who are responsible for the debt will not have to worry about it.

TB
    That would be the significant difference between personal and goobermint debt. When in debt personally, the debtor must repay. When the goobermint goes into debt, others down the line must repay.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast