Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does The Debt Matter?

Default Does The Debt Matter?

I have told people in the past that we, as a country, cannot spend more than we take in, any more than a family cannot spend more than they bring in. When I have said that, I have been chastised that the economy of a country is not the same as the economy of an individual, and that debt doesn't matter.

So, in your opinion, does a nations debt matter?
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

The fed would tell you no. History tells you something different...

Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    I have told people in the past that we, as a country, cannot spend more than we take in, any more than a family cannot spend more than they bring in. When I have said that, I have been chastised that the economy of a country is not the same as the economy of an individual, and that debt doesn't matter.

So, in your opinion, does a nations debt matter?
    It would appear, that Trust <-----------to----------->Mutual shared destruction can be enough "glue" to "squeeze" the maximum yield for all (some more than others) until it all cannot withstand the tension pressures. We may be in the latter stage of those pressures pulling apart the glue. But everyone who is dependent upon that glue holding, will pour on a much more glue as it can.

Those dependent people could not care less about old-school theories and experiences that could not (then) develop due to lack of today's technologies.

All things happen because they can. All those things need is clever people willing to risk for the reward and smart enough to keep ahead of the grim reaper.

The USD defaulted in 1971-73. YET, the world's re-emerging markets did not (hardly) skip a beat. The NWO trading and financial systems were bringing too much good and much more promise. All we had to do was keep "agreeing" to pace along with the potential as it developed.

Bumps and grinds, YES, (Inflation, mini-recessions, Junk Bonds (Milken), S&L collapse, Mexico bail out et. al) and then the DOT COM Bubble in the 90s. (compute/communications chip frenzy - still going) (note, remember Russia collapse, US hegemony, no China (yet), unlimited US power - fantastic goods and services development, Japan (1980s outsourcing) Greenspan moves his FED printing press into the Treasury basement.

Dot com bubble burst - low interest rates - print = housing bubble that replaces lost manufacturing power (to Japan) and creates seeming unlimited wealth for all in housing. Come derivatives, MBS ---- you remember the whole shebang.

I won't recant all I think I remember from that point on. We've all discussed it for a decade.

We all live better, and more conveniently (and safer) and healthier - longer. What's to question?

Well, that's your question, I think. When does the need for everyone to contribute and pay for themselves with a medium of exchange they can measure and fully Trust vs...what is.

What "laws" of the universe govern all this? Homo Sapiens (collectively) can do anything they wish - as long as they can defend it from other Homo Sapiens who "wish" something else.

I wonder if we are making a mistake in interpretation of what is sound and right. Your analogy makes sense but "it" transformed - into what we have today. Today will transform, it would "appear" into a global agreement to use (what-ever) balance sheet "tokenisms" that suit the technologies of the day.

We'll all have to be self supportive in that, paid-off or eliminated.
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

At the end of the days the cows come home; for individuals, families, towns, cities, counties, states and countries. What will signal the end of the day?

Kenny said it like this

"I woke up this morning with the sundown shining in
    I found my mind in a brown paper bag within
    I tripped on a cloud and fell-a eight miles high
    I tore my mind on a jagged sky
    I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in"
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    Kenny said it like this

You are really showing your age with that.

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    Kenny said it like this

Pretty, pretty confused if I might say so.

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Markpti View Post
    I

Dot com bubble burst - low interest rates - print = housing bubble that replaces lost manufacturing power (to Japan) and creates seeming unlimited wealth for all in housing. Come derivatives, MBS ---- you remember the whole shebang.

I won't recant all I think I remember from that point on. We've all discussed it for a decade.

We all live better, and more conveniently (and safer) and healthier - longer. What's to question?

I wonder if we are making a mistake in interpretation of what is sound and right. Your analogy makes sense but "it" transformed - into what we have today. Today will transform, it would "appear" into a global agreement to use (what-ever) balance sheet "tokenisms" that suit the technologies of the day.
    marktpi, of course we remember the shebang and the kentering shebang rightened itself and continued its voyage and OK "we" all live " better" but these storms left us every time a possibility to rebreath.
    Nowadays the waves are higher and their frequency too, and that might destroy our tympans. Things might suddenly turn so sour it makes people going amok.

Am just wondering whereto this all will lead the one stupidity seems to give birth to an unknow next one. The PTB / banking system has been frauding so much it cannot anymore drain the swamp it created. We have created a gigantic Mikado game, take away one stick and the whole collapses. We see already what is happening in oil, but that will also happen in other branches and i doubt printing some trillions will be sufficient.

We will see how all this will pan out.

Golditiki2+++
    Y heavy but now the waves of stupidity are getting higher and closer to each other

Global Debasement

The storm many have prepared their whole life, others still for generations. The unprepared and under prepared will bare the brunt.

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    marktpi, of course we remember the shebang and the kentering shebang rightened itself and continued its voyage and OK "we" all live " better" but these storms left us every time a possibility to rebreath.
    Nowadays the waves are higher and their frequency too, and that might destroy our tympans. Things might suddenly turn so sour it makes people going amok.

Am just wondering whereto this all will lead the one stupidity seems to give birth to an unknow next one. The PTB / banking system has been frauding so much it cannot anymore drain the swamp it created. We have created a gigantic Mikado game, take away one stick and the whole collapses. We see already what is happening in oil, but that will also happen in other branches and i doubt printing some trillions will be sufficient.

We will see how all this will pan out.

Golditiki2+++
    Y heavy but now the waves of stupidity are getting higher and closer to each other
    We shall see. Fear is a great glue. We're all surprised it has held this long. 11 years ago, if someone told us it would not crash before this, I think we would have doubted them. I recall, Ron Paul and Louis Lehman predicting USD crash by the 90s. That prediction in A Case For Gold was made in the early 80.

Two forces act as binders. The force of what the big money wants and the fear we all have of the aftermath of the chickens coming home.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast