Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Main street paying more is a good thing Trump?

I would like to see oil at $45 a barrel. Granted in my AO its our life blood. Either that or $3 a pound on the hoof beef. If both happend my beef and oil naighbors in those industries would be happy to hire my services for over $100hr all day long.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Quote Originally Posted by nergal View Post
    Putin worshiper too? Gotta love those political strong-men. What's next, Benito? My guess is that you don't know Putin was a desk jockey for the KGB.
    I worship no commie

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    if trump bails out oil/gas company with free money, then you would bash trump the same way.
    it's election year, people with no jobs find cheap gas meaningless.
    It's funny to hear americans rooting for Saudi just because of cheap gas.

those people loving cheap gas are now living in Venezuela, iran, Saudi, etc
    You must be so envy of them
    found a timely video by mike Maloney. Skip to 6:00 if you don't want to see the unemployment number
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-r0Qk2_ceM

WTH? Oil prices tanking can put a hurt on our energy sector. Bumping up the price of oil would save thousands of jobs here. California gas prices have barely moved here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke888 View Post
    WTH? Oil prices tanking can put a hurt on our energy sector. Bumping up the price of oil would save thousands of jobs here. California gas prices have barely moved here anyway.
    Indeed. Government should just value oil at $45 a barrel like they did gold $35.

I would buy major oil companies.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Indeed. Government should just value oil at $45 a barrel like they did gold $35.

I would buy major oil companies.
    It amazes me though that people, without thinking, start bashing trump. It’s like they’re playing checkers instead of chess. TDS is a hell of a thing.

For years people were bellyaching about how the US should strive to become free from dependency on Middle East oil. Now that we can pump out enough domestic oil to supply the whole country, we find out the Saudi's can still control the pricing and, at the same time, kill off the more expensive fracking business.

Gas stations here gouge on all price swings...the best we can hope for is a level price.

Still paying over 2.00 a gal in NY....why??

The excuse is when oil falls...well I bought inventory at a much higher price...

Then the price rises they immediately raise gas prices...as they claim it will be more expensive to replace inventory.

Price of oil is it’s lowest in decades but the price of gas very slowly recedes...should be under a dollar a gal by the cost of oil.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    Gas stations here gouge on all price swings...the best we can hope for is a level price.

Still paying over 2.00 a gal in NY....why??

The excuse is when oil falls...well I bought inventory at a much higher price...

Then the price rises they immediately raise gas prices...as they claim it will be more expensive to replace inventory.

Price of oil is itís lowest in decades but the price of gas very slowly recedes...should be under a dollar a gal by the cost of oil.
    If it makes you feel better 84c of what you pay for gas will not be affected because that's what you pay in taxes (45.6 cents to State, 18.4c to federal, PLUS an average of 20c for state and local sales taxes).

Quote Originally Posted by Locke888 View Post
    It amazes me though that people, without thinking, start bashing trump. It’s like they’re playing checkers instead of chess. TDS is a hell of a thing.
    TES far exceeds the damage of TDS, one comes to believe ever more complex fantasies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast