Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World economies near shutdown, Pandemic attacks world, mass quarantines, Stock market goes up.

Default World economies near shutdown, Pandemic attacks world, mass quarantines, Stock market goes up.

Sounds legit.

Just goes to show that limited assets being chased by excess fiat digits.

Welcome to start of inflation globally

Trump: We All Know What Media’s Push To Keep America Closed As Long As Possible Is Really About
    The Daily Wire

New York's Ventilator Rationing Plan
    Real Clear Politics
    By Betsy McCaughey

Cuomo could have purchased the additional 16,000 needed ventilators for $36,000 apiece or a total of $576 million in 2015. It's a lot of money but less than the $750 million he threw away on a boondoggle "Buffalo Billion" solar panel factory. When it comes to state budget priorities, spending half a percent of the budget on ventilators is a no brainer.

Now the pandemic is actually here. Cuomo's grim reaper rules will be applied.

Covid-19 — Navigating the Uncharted
    The New England Journal of Medicine
    Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., H. Clifford Lane, M.D., and Robert R. Redfield, M.D.

If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.

Cuomo: Not sure if closing all businesses, keeping everyone home was 'the best public health strategy'
    Fox News

“What we did was we closed everything down. That was our public health strategy. Just close everything, all businesses, old workers, young people, old people, short people, tall people,” said Cuomo. “Every school closed, everything.”

“If you rethought that or had time to analyze that public health strategy, I don't know that you would say quarantine everyone,” Cuomo admitted. “I don't even know that that was the best public health policy. Young people then quarantined with older people was probably not the best public health strategy because the younger people could have been exposing the older people to an infection. “
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Default Dr. Deborah Birx: Coronavirus data not matching extreme predictions

The stock market is improving because the panic is subsiding. The panic being spread by the left-wing media is being exposed for what it is. The panic is being spread by left-wing media so the economy shutdown and cratering continues in the hopes that this will cause Trump to lose the 2020 presidential election.

Trump wants to ease lock down restrictions as soon as Easter (April 12th). Cuomo is back tracking and says New York should have a plan to balance economic and medical needs.

The worries of the middle class over an economic shut down are being addressed, and talk of ending the economic shutdown is beginning.

Birx cautions against inaccurate models predicting significant coronavirus spread
    The Hill
    March 26, 2020

Birx, speaking at a White House press briefing, singled out a recent study on the United Kingdom that originally predicted 500,000 people would die from the virus and has since been revised down to predict 20,000 deaths in the U.K. She said the data the government has collected does not show that 20 percent of the U.S. population would be infected with COVID-19, cautioning against predictions that say so.

19 of the 50 U.S. states are showing a persistently low level of coronavirus cases despite reporting early infections. These 19 states each have fewer than 200 cases.

Dr. Deborah Birx: Coronavirus data not matching extreme predictions
    Fox News
    March 26, 2020

The White House response coordinator for the coronavirus task force said Thursday that extreme predictions about the pandemic don't line up with the incoming data, while also pushing back against unfounded rumors that could alarm the public.

ďWhen people start talking about 20 percent of a population being infected, itís very scary," she said during Thursday's White House briefing. "But we donít have data that matches that based on the [actual] experience.Ē
    Last edited by WhatsUpDoc1958; 03-27-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    Sounds legit.
    Thank the Lord for Trump, eh Jim?

Quote Originally Posted by Locke888 View Post
    Thank the Lord for Trump, eh Jim?
    If there is one thing I know Trump will do, its save the stock market.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    If there is one thing I know Trump will do, its save the stock market.
    We need to not kill the country, by trying to save it.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Look how the economy of China is affected by the pandemics:
    industrial production, exports, retail,....all down:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/cov...onomic-impact/

After 300 years exporting they (China) knows the customer will be back. The rest of the world just shut down on them is all. Plus, they grew a pretty decent middle consumer class to help even out the rough spots since apparently recessions are just economic speed bumps at the current rate of QE policy.

YES, layoffs do make stock market go up silly, this happened leading up to the GFC as well. But so does, QE, so does ZIRP, and now that corporations know the fed will buy their corporate bonds, the sky is the limit.

I admit, I've been feeling bearish lately, but this is just to much good news for equities. It's even said over the next few months gold will be going back to 1400.

Virus hasn't stopped humans yet.

Quote Originally Posted by everything1 View Post
    After 300 years exporting they (China) knows the customer will be back. The rest of the world just shut down on them is all. Plus, they grew a pretty decent middle consumer class to help even out the rough spots since apparently recessions are just economic speed bumps at the current rate of QE policy.

YES, layoffs do make stock market go up silly, this happened leading up to the GFC as well. But so does, QE, so does ZIRP, and now that corporations know the fed will buy their corporate bonds, the sky is the limit.

I admit, I've been feeling bearish lately, but this is just to much good news for equities. It's even said over the next few months gold will be going back to 1400.

Virus hasn't stopped humans yet.
    Yea, I am no expert on the matter for sure. Do you think with we will reach our previous highs any time soon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast