Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reporting from Ohio: Walmart was cleaned out!

Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    No whole chickens or canned mixed veggies that I can fine. It's all I'm short on. And Walmart didn't have the Australian cheese I like. I was at Aldi the other day and the only meat left was some packaged corned beefs which where on sale too. My lucky day...

But the freezer and fridge are so full I guess it's time to start cooking my corned beef.
    250 lbs of chicken feed out in the barn. They don't need much since spring is starting and they mostly free range. Kicking out eggs in overdrive, enough for the entire family (dogs included) to survive on.

Noticed local Walmart was out of toilet paper and hand sanitizer but went across the street and found that Aldi had plenty. Didn't need any though as I always stay stocked on those types of things. Thanks Costco.
    Buy Low Sell High

Keeping it simple with the Eagles, Maples and Krugs....

I'm really surprised with my keto diet, high fat and a lot of processed foods. Yet my blood pressure has dropped to normal and my sodium levels are OK. Cholesterol is slightly elevated. Triglycerides are way down and normal.
    I weight watchers, count points. Avoid many keto acceptable foods as I'm prone to a-fib and high sodium/fats are a problem for me. Besides, there is something wrong with a diet plan that tells you bacon is better for you than an apple.

Quote Originally Posted by nergal View Post
    I weight watchers, count points. Avoid many keto acceptable foods as I'm prone to a-fib and high sodium/fats are a problem for me. Besides, there is something wrong with a diet plan that tells you bacon is better for you than an apple.
    I went on keto for blood sugar reasons. But yes bacon is better than an apple in that case. It's hard to get the brainwashing of what is good food out of your system. But the caveman knew....
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

432Hz

Some people go carnivore diet to escape the oxalate poisoning. Personally, I think counting carbs, but eating complex vs. simple carbs.

I went on keto for blood sugar reasons. But yes bacon is better than an apple in that case. It's hard to get the brainwashing of what is good food out of your system. But the caveman knew....
    I was unaware cavemen cured bacon . . . . .

Seriously, cavemen expended a tremendous number of calories just to survive. Modern man? Not so much. Good food brainwashing? Vegetables and fruit as healthy is brainwashing? I get what is good for you, or at least what you think is good for you, but for genpop KETO is hogwash. High fat intake is not good long term for the human body. We don't have the metabolic system of dogs.
    Last edited by nergal; 03-20-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Just eat some aged venison backstrap. Potatoes, carrots then a blueberry pie.

OMG delicious!

Yesterday I eat the first of the year morel and asparagus.

If I can't eat good food like above....it will be a vary sad day.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    I hadnt been shopping for A couple of weeks. I have heard the reports of supermarkets being wiped out, but I didnt expect to actually see it here. Nearly all of the meats and frozen goods were gone. I would have to think that this wont continue too much longer. Once people get their freezers full I imagine this will stop. I dont understand the toilet paper though. This is an upper respiratory tract infection and we are not likely going to stop making toilet paper anytime soon. Also, why are folks buying bottled water? Are they afraid the utility company is going to stop sending water? I think some folks are a bit misguided.
    have u check the ammo section?

I live in the sticks, in a suburb. City stores get cleaned out quickly, chain stores got cleaned out quick. Some stick stores are well stocked. They came out with tp, limit 2 packs per customer, and we only got one. Although you do consume more with more people home. My local deli has tP. Not a deal, but they have tp and s chicken parm is still 799 on wednesday
    Last edited by Bobmhey; 03-21-2020 at 01:51 AM.

My wife does some variant of keto (low carb, high protein) to be able to avoid taking insulin.
    Legal Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." -- Yogi Berra
    A variant of this has also been attributed to physicist Niels Bohr, and others.

"Tis against some menís principle to pay interest, and seems against othersí interest to pay the principal." -- Benjamin Franklin

The School of Hard Knocks is where you get the lesson after you fail the test.

Book title: "The Best Way to Rob a Bank Is to Own One"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12