Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Bitcoin versus gold, you need THIS during outbreaks like coronavirus - analyst

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    only you are talking coulomb. There is no amperage of electrons in gold I have in my stack but thanks for showing me you know nothing about science

btw, your definition of amperage is incorrect.
    There are electrons equal to the number of protons in an atom, but there are none for any neutrons. So isotopes of an element have the same number of protons and electrons, but vary in molecular weight due the differing number of neutrons. So for example hydrogen can only have one proton, but may contain zero, one neutron or two neutrons (AKA hydrogen, deuterium & tritium). Conventional theory has electrons in various rings around the nucleus of the atom. The rings consist of 2 electrons in the first ring, 8 electrons in the next two, but the rings overlap and so the outer electrons in ring 2 are further out than the inner electrons of the 3rd ring and so. The the energy released if the nucleus of the atom is struck by a neutron traveling at the correct energy level is defined by E=MC squared. E= energy, M = mass and C= speed of light. However, quantum physics says that electrons, protons and neutrons do not exist as such and that they may or may not exist in any one place at any time. I did get to see the blue glow of Cherenkov radiation when working with an open pool research reactor while creating medical isotopes. I also got to radiate diamonds turning them blue so that punters would pay more for them than plain old white diamonds. But you are correct, I do not understand quantum physics since it wasn't in my studies and wasn't required knowledge to be a licensed senior nuclear reactor operator.
    Do your own due diligence

I stand united with my friends & family in Canada who seek freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDonSilver View Post
    There are electrons equal to the number of protons in an atom, but there are none for any neutrons. So isotopes of an element have the same number of protons and electrons, but vary in molecular weight due the differing number of neutrons. So for example hydrogen can only have one proton, but may contain zero, one neutron or two neutrons (AKA hydrogen, deuterium & tritium). Conventional theory has electrons in various rings around the nucleus of the atom. The rings consist of 2 electrons in the first ring, 8 electrons in the next two, but the rings overlap and so the outer electrons in ring 2 are further out than the inner electrons of the 3rd ring and so. The the energy released if the nucleus of the atom is struck by a neutron traveling at the correct energy level is defined by E=MC squared. E= energy, M = mass and C= speed of light. However, quantum physics says that electrons, protons and neutrons do not exist as such and that they may or may not exist in any one place at any time. I did get to see the blue glow of Cherenkov radiation when working with an open pool research reactor while creating medical isotopes. I also got to radiate diamonds turning them blue so that punters would pay more for them than plain old white diamonds. But you are correct, I do not understand quantum physics since it wasn't in my studies and wasn't required knowledge to be a licensed senior nuclear reactor operator.
    With a background like that, you may be familiar with the beta decay process by which one can change platinum-iridium alloy into gold. Unfortunately, the resulting product is a radioactive isotope of gold & therefore not particularly marketable as an investment.

Speaking of investments, the current dip in the price of gold does have me rethinking the maximum size that I would like my stack to be. The charts make it look like gold may be entering another long fall, like in 2012, but the fundamentals tell a different story. This morning's sudden bump up has my attention as well.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    using fancy term and description don't make one know the subject.
    The matter is, the physical gold we are stacking are in stable state, there is no active charge or amperage at hand. The electrons are happily residing inside the gold bar/coin/nugget/ring. There is no coulomb, no ampere, no charge, no capcitance. Stop talking nonsense.
    Actually, I dumbed it down quite a bit & avoided most of the genuinely fancy terms that I would have used if I were being paid to give a more technically accurate dissertation.

You are correct that when stacking coins & bars, charge & capacitance are not a concern. The only time I normally see current flowing through gold is when I look at the gold plated tabs on computer boards, the gold flashed relay contacts in safety circuits at nuclear facilities or the gold connections on microchips.

In my estimation, disposed-of electronics probably account for the biggest reduction in above ground gold supply at this time. That reduction in supply is far more germane to gold investment than a discussion of electrical characteristics. That number for the quantity lost to electronic waste is one that I do not have on the tip of my tongue. I wish that I knew what it was.
    Last edited by SilverPalm; 03-31-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Anyone that has studied electronics knows that it is holes that flow.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    With a background like that, you may be familiar with the beta decay process by which one can change platinum-iridium alloy into gold. Unfortunately, the resulting product is a radioactive isotope of gold & therefore not particularly marketable as an investment.

Speaking of investments, the current dip in the price of gold does have me rethinking the maximum size that I would like my stack to be. The charts make it look like gold may be entering another long fall, like in 2012, but the fundamentals tell a different story. This morning's sudden bump up has my attention as well.
    Any process that transmutes metals takes more energy than the value of the results. The best process mankind has invented (so far) for making valuable minerals, IMHO, would be the making diamonds and rubies. The diamond process could end the need to mine all but the very largest diamonds. Man made ruby is no sweat and is also being used daily in making of semiconductors. So much so that there's testing of rubies to prove that they are mined and not man made.

Don't forget Goldfinger was gong to turn Fort Knox gold into radioactive isotopes and therefore prevent the use of it. Watch out for flying top hats!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456