Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin versus gold, you need THIS during outbreaks like coronavirus - analyst

Quote Originally Posted by wickedgoodtrader View Post
    I agree. However I always find it pretty useless to say because something has been used for thousands of years makes it a great option for todays purposes. Gold has also under performed for those years. I have owned gold for MANY years and it's been the worst investment I've ever had, even at these high prices. So anyone saying it's been around thousands of years should note it's also been a horrible investment.
    Dollars only exist having been a proxy for gold and silver that is now irredeemable. Calling gold an investment is losing sight of the fact that gold is money, and currency is the investment. By adopting an indoctrinated reverse value mentality which steers people away from precious metals, you are actually helping to stifle the value of gold and silver.
    Trading fiat currency for precious metals is not an investment. Rather, this amounts to disinvestment from currency mandated for tax purposes. Gold and silver are money. Currency is merely a medium of exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSilver View Post
    I cannot, my Dutch character hates feeling being screwed over by financial markets..... I need to vent that so sorry for that
    The only way to win is not to play. Take your currency out of stocks, out of circulation, and be your own central bank. I'm sure you know this already. :] The only funds I have in financial markets are my retirement plan, and the only retirement I'm actually counting on is my stack. When the price of metal drops it just makes me want to get more and buy the dip. When the price rises I feel vindicated and excited that my wealth is increasing. As such I enjoy every fluctuation.
    Trading fiat currency for precious metals is not an investment. Rather, this amounts to disinvestment from currency mandated for tax purposes. Gold and silver are money. Currency is merely a medium of exchange.

Long term Gold and silver are buys. Short term who the hell knows??? Logic and reason are no longer part of the equation. The dollar is up to day 1.3% and many miners are up 10-20+%.

I'll stick with my archaic, relic money, thank you very much. Digits in space? No thank you.

BTW, the photo in the OP makes it look as if Daniella has been eating good (or bad depending on your viewpoint).
    Last edited by nergal; 03-17-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Default Get me out of the doubt

Quote Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
    If Kitco only knew how much credibility they lose giving these biased clowns a forum..

Right now I have money and I am looking to invest and I came to this forum for information, can you explain to me why what they said earlier is false

Currency used to be back with gold reserves. Now it's not... it's all about the US dollar.

The relic money you speak of is created up electronically (ie created out of thin air). I don't understand crypto all that well but it does intrigue me. What, exactly, are the differences. How is crypto created/regulated?
    Last edited by SamadhiGypsy; 08-26-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamadhiGypsy View Post
    Currency used to be back with gold reserves. Now it's not... it's all about the US dollar.

The relic money you speak of is created up electronically (ie created out of thin air). I don't understand crypto all that well but it does intrigue me. What, exactly, are the differences. How is crypto created/regulated?
    How is Crypto created / regulated it is not. The USD is regulated by the full faith and force of our destroyers and aircraft that are deployed 24/7 . why we seek and destroy anything and everything? we are the leading front. want someone else to lead the world..... good luck China done f'ed it up. No other country can pull it off , none.
    Place your bets........
    Last edited by Mytal; 09-15-2020 at 06:53 AM.
    Live Well* Love Much* Laugh Often

Quote Originally Posted by Mytal View Post
    How is Crypto created / regulated it is not. The USD is regulated by the full faith and force of our destroyers and aircraft that are deployed 24/7 . why we seek and destroy anything and everything? we are the leading front. want someone else to lead the world..... good luck China done f'ed it up. No other country can pull it off , none.
    Place your bets........
    Believe your right. But one major military defeat like Pearl Harbor and forget about it. Or if by some means Trump can end the Fed banksters monopoly????

IDK
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Believe your right. But one major military defeat like Pearl Harbor and forget about it. Or if by some means Trump can end the Fed banksters monopoly????

IDK
    military defeat? Me personally would say no. the US would go balls out. if you look where the places we are stationed, we are everywhere there is a problem. South China sea is our next event and the protection of Japan. The US Dollar will remain through my life and yours. No crypto junk. it may be through inflation yet look at all other countries and the lack of armies they have.
    Live Well* Love Much* Laugh Often

Quote Originally Posted by Mytal View Post
    military defeat? Me personally would say no. the US would go balls out. if you look where the places we are stationed, we are everywhere there is a problem. South China sea is our next event and the protection of Japan. The US Dollar will remain through my life and yours. No crypto junk. it may be through inflation yet look at all other countries and the lack of armies they have.
    If Biden gets in, or in 5 years or alike Obamba minded, gets back in, a major black flag military defeat and or a much worse China flu... fed dollar be dammed. But the new world order digit be rushed in with a UBI and a final end to private property/businesses be dammed too!

Just musing...

Noted link....

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...oncede/616321/

The latest arm chair woo..
    Last edited by Westerner; 09-15-2020 at 08:18 AM.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast