Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin versus gold, you need THIS during outbreaks like coronavirus - analyst

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSilver View Post
    From last friday's closing: Gold -1%, Silver -5% in and Platinum -7% Euro this week, what a safeheaven....Gold is not that bad but Silver and Platinum..dangg!
    Not selling anything no...happy with the performance: No...This is how it is during these times.
    Just like 2008, paper selling is doing this nothing new.
    You got to stop worrying so much about the fluctuations...I never do
    One in a million...GNR ...sums it up nicely

Quote Originally Posted by sasksilver View Post
    You got to stop worrying so much about the fluctuations...I never do
    I cannot, my Dutch character hates feeling being screwed over by financial markets..... I need to vent that so sorry for that

I cannot, my Dutch character hates feeling being screwed over by financial markets..... I need to vent that so sorry for that
    My suggestion would be to take the ball home then and don't play. Not being mean but if something causes you such angst and makes your day worse u may want to consider a different hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedgoodtrader View Post
    I agree. However I always find it pretty useless to say because something has been used for thousands of years makes it a great option for todays purposes. Gold has also under performed for those years. I have owned gold for MANY years and it's been the worst investment I've ever had, even at these high prices. So anyone saying it's been around thousands of years should note it's also been a horrible investment.
    You are lying, only bought like a slow lemming at the very worst time, and/or have not looked carefully at many of your other "investments". You also don't seem to know what gold is for, perhaps a reason for your mistake? Yes, I am here to stamp out the anti-drug trolls, this needs to remain a pro-gold sanctuary, I have not participated here for so long to see the same old crap you get everywhere else repeated here.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

My suggestion would be to take the ball home then and don't play. Not being mean but if something causes you such angst and makes your day worse u may want to consider a different hobby.
    I like my phyz coins though, those give me peace when I play with them in the summer (I lost my stack in my deep pond on my property) when the water is warm enough to dive in.
    So not all is lost, no...
    I personally think I have too good a life that I have time to be worried/irritated about some pm price fluctuations, to put it in another light.

I like my phyz coins though, those give me peace when I play with them in the summer (I lost my stack in my deep pond on my property) when the water is warm enough to dive in.
    So not all is lost, no...
    I personally think I have too good a life that I have time to be worried/irritated about some pm price fluctuations, to put it in another light.
    Well that's good...I haven't been bothered by metals price action in years...just another asset class that I don't lose sleep over....lose enough big dollar amounts in one's life and the little things don't annoy a person much after they have seen what they can take and overcome

Well that's good...I haven't been bothered by metals price action in years...just another asset class that I don't lose sleep over....lose enough big dollar amounts in one's life and the little things don't annoy a person much after they have seen what they can take and overcome
    Well, I just looked into the mirror this morning and after that I took a hard look at the different portfolios I have....
    Conclusion: I had a GREAT start of the year...best ever for me! I talk about profits in the bank results....I used to mess that selling in time up back in the day.

Only have a few K in the paper markets right now, could have scored better yes but who knew that the markets would go south so big this week?
    I should not fret about pm prices, I want to hold for a long timeframe..but this brutal week got to me anyway.

Bitcoin = Fake investment. It reminds me a cloud, one strong poof and its gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Markgreg View Post
    Bitcoin = Fake investment. It reminds me a cloud, one strong poof and its gone.
    Just like paper gold... 1000x more paper gold than real gold out there.

Just like paper gold... 1000x more paper gold than real gold out there.
    Except that at least paper gold price follows the price of something real that is actually bought and sold in the market. Bitcoin is not 1000x anything, creation by algo puzzle solving or not, it's still just a digit on some device, represents nothing that would actually be missed and not replaced in this world. As such, I dabble in paper gold for trading, not bitcoin.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast