Thread: Gold prices on tipping scale, these are the critical levels to watch says Peter Hug

Default Gold prices on tipping scale, these are the critical levels to watch says Peter Hug

Gold prices have hit a critical crossroads, with macroeconomic forces poised to pull the yellow metal in either direction, this according to Peter Hug, Global Trading Director of Kitco Metals.
    I think in the short term, gold is a difficult metal to call at these levels now. I dont think the Fed is going to drop rates in the short term but I do think that there could be other risks to the Fed policy and that would obviously be if the U.S. stock market started to sell off, Hug told Kitco News.

This seems to have been a very good broad overview perspective. Thank you for that.

The one thing I would question is the idea that China may have zero growth this quarter. That may prove to be an optimistic prediction depending on how the virus situation plays out. I’m figuring that since a ship is said to take 2-4 weeks to get from China to the US, we should start to see how much of China has really been shut down in a few weeks from now. If boatloads of Chinese goods stop showing up, then I will expect a contraction rather than zero growth in China & I would expect that to set some very bad things in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    This seems to have been a very good broad overview perspective. Thank you for that.

The one thing I would question is the idea that China may have zero growth this quarter. That may prove to be an optimistic prediction depending on how the virus situation plays out. Im figuring that since a ship is said to take 2-4 weeks to get from China to the US, we should start to see how much of China has really been shut down in a few weeks from now. If boatloads of Chinese goods stop showing up, then I will expect a contraction rather than zero growth in China & I would expect that to set some very bad things in motion.
    Negative growth worldwide! I'm in the high tech sector and boy it looks crappy even with the big players killing us for higher SM valuations

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSilver View Post
    Negative growth worldwide! I'm in the high tech sector and boy it looks crappy even with the big players killing us for higher SM valuations
    At 2:18 in that video, he says that he would like to see gold close over $1,578 & he seems to think that would indicate that $1,600 would be the next move. Today, gold stands at $1,583.60 and the market is closed for the weekend. We will see what Monday brings.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    At 2:18 in that video, he says that he would like to see gold close over $1,578 & he seems to think that would indicate that $1,600 would be the next move. Today, gold stands at $1,583.60 and the market is closed for the weekend. We will see what Monday brings.
    I expect nothing from Gold anymore, already very high......It will really take off once the debt bombs start detonating.

I expect nothing from Gold anymore, already very high......It will really take off once the debt bombs start detonating.
    the financial bomb has already exploded deep under the surface years ago. The actual tremors are just the tremors of that explosion coming to the surface.

The bomb itself was QE, It opened the door to all financial and economical falsehood, because it lifted the risksanction.
    One has only to read about Life Insurance managing. They used to be the bedrock of reality, they had as much humor as a dry cork. Here some time ago they kicked their sole man having insight in the mathematical knowledge of life insurance out of the board.

The action was discussed in the papers, to me it brought to the surface the fact that jesters are nowadays in the lead even in the most serious and reliable branches of our capitalistc system.

This fake situation can only accelerate, become more and more risky, till the racecar smashes the wall.

Golditiki2+++
    Last edited by golditiki2; 02-16-2020 at 06:53 AM.

You would see it earlier than many. In 1999/2000 My small company supplying large Telcos (switch/routers) saw it coming through the telco's disturbance about what they saw. Same in 2007/2008. What "field" are you in?
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post

This fake situation can only accelerate, become more and more risky, till the racecar smashes the wall.

Golditiki2+++
    I'll be watching the Daytona 500 tonight and WILL see that happening quite a few times....all looks well, then a tire bursts (The supplier guaranteed nothing would happen) and the chain reaction begins....maybe that is why I love Nascar

Quote Originally Posted by Markpti View Post
    You would see it earlier than many. In 1999/2000 My small company supplying large Telcos (switch/routers) saw it coming through the telco's disturbance about what they saw. Same in 2007/2008. What "field" are you in?
    We make parts that are used in chip machines.
    Still a constant ramp up is demanded but we have been stretched to the limit and have a HIGH employee turnover too since 1 year....when we under deliver we get punished, they need more and more for less money otherwise their "model" falls apart.
    Last edited by DutchSilver; 02-16-2020 at 01:28 PM.