Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FED injecting liquidity, Black Swan?

They plan on 'saving' our economy with this until January - the same economy with record crushing stock markets and historically low interest rates.
    I think it's best I stop my 401 and direct it into silver for the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by everything1 View Post
    Good things are happening. Debt=spending=good thing Interest rates are falling, allot of debt is rolling over, and it needs some help, consider it the new normal. Bottom line, debt is king, don't tell me you can't look at these numbers and go wow, that's allot of debt, it is, but debt doesn't matter anymore, through negative yields debt will be the new savings. It's weird, doesn't make a lick of sense, but it's true. And, look who gets to take more debt out, the richer you are, the more income streams you have, the more of it they'll let you have. Do we not know that malfeasance is not going to be rewarded, these are political or connected figures, sure some get taken down but look how brazen they have become. They know how to work the system.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yor...on-11570801329
    This is killing savers. Don't any of you remember our parents or grandparents shopping for the best CD rates in the newspaper. I had family members mailing checks across the country to some piss ant bank to get 1/10% greater than the last piss ant bank.

Now that is me, except I won't have a CD! I can't make any interest gain on money now without heavy risk. Forget FDIC even if you could make a couple percent. They can't insure their risks.

This is also killing insurance companies. They are strangely quiet. Life insurance companies have many billions in annuity obligations at interest rates higher than they committed to. If the day comes that a few of the big 100 plus year old giant insurance companies fail it is game over. The banks will be in the same shape.

And Trump was bashing Powell this morning demanding that they lower rates. Idiot! I like most of the things he is doing, but not this!
    Last edited by WhackNStack; 10-24-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Metals are for Investors who take more risk with whatís Real, and less with whatís not. Author unknown

I heard today (bloomberg) only one more rate cut, and done, it's the bond market stopping them? Some bearishness creep but apparently, it's all systems go for 2020. A little lower GDP over all, not much, and Germany is going to experience a recession, but China/U.S. the economies are to big to slow down.

Fed injecteert bijna 73 miljard dollar

donderdag 31 oktober 2019 16:07(ABM FN-Dow Jones) De New York Fed heeft donderdag voor bijna 73 miljard dollar in het financiŽle systeem gepompt. Dit maakte de Federal Reserve van New York bekend.
    Daarmee voldeed de Fed volledig aan de vraag van de markt. Er werd 72,5 miljard dollar geleend, wat vrijdag weer moet worden terugbetaald.
    Tot zeker 4 november kan de Fed maximaal 120 miljard dollar in het financiŽle systeem pompen om de volatiliteit in de geldmarkt tegen te gaan.
    De Fed voert deze operaties uit vanwege krapte op de markt voor een bepaald type kortetermijnfinanciering, de zogeheten repurchase agreements of 'repo's'. Banken en hedgefunds gebruiken dit soort korte leningen om hun dagelijkse handelsactiviteiten te financieren.

Today only $73 billion injection was required, things are under control! Bwahaha

Stole this one from oak!

----
    Fed will flood the markets with 500 $ billion in liquidity to avoid repo crisis.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/av...-end-liquidity

My note: this is really huge.

----

All is well? nope...

Another perspective from ZH about what a Fed audit might mean - https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-really-reveal

I am starting to think they can keep this going a lot longer than I initially thought. The Fed assets are approximately 4 trillion, compared to the S&P market cap of 24 trillion. So it's quite a lot of money, but not that much. The latest non-QE-QE hardly matters besides keeping the stock market confident. Secondly, the FED assets as a percentage of GDP is approx. 20%, compared to the ECB at 40% and the Bank of Japan at 100%(!). Finally, half of the FEDs assets are MBSs and the rest is government debt so there are quite a lot of assets left to buy.

The only thing the FED needs to keep it running is the confidence of the (rich) people.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomMan06 View Post
    I am starting to think they can keep this going a lot longer than I initially thought. The Fed assets are approximately 4 trillion, compared to the S&P market cap of 24 trillion. So it's quite a lot of money, but not that much. The latest non-QE-QE hardly matters besides keeping the stock market confident. Secondly, the FED assets as a percentage of GDP is approx. 20%, compared to the ECB at 40% and the Bank of Japan at 100%(!). Finally, half of the FEDs assets are MBSs and the rest is government debt so there are quite a lot of assets left to buy.

The only thing the FED needs to keep it running is the confidence of the (rich) people.
    Shared Mutual Financial Destruction is a strong "glue" to bolster confidence.
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

Yes, the threat of financial destruction.. There is no destruction however, just an ever increasing squeeze on the have-nots.

Sometimes i wonder if the current economic stagnation is in part caused by the parasites (the finance system) sucking too much blood from the host (the real economy, where people do actual work).

Quote Originally Posted by RandomMan06 View Post
    Yes, the threat of financial destruction.. There is no destruction however, just an ever increasing squeeze on the have-nots.

Sometimes i wonder if the current economic stagnation is in part caused by the parasites (the finance system) sucking too much blood from the host (the real economy, where people do actual work).
    The REAL Economy?
    Man it would suck to be in That!
    x3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast