Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock-piling Nickles

I still stack copper cents and all nickels. Why? They are the only U.S. money with intrinsic value which is reason enough for me. I've got a five gallon bucket of rolls of cents and a couple of buckets of rolls of nickels. My favorites are a few rolls of Wheaties. Still turn one up every so often.

Nickel is the war metal. Highly recommended to have at least one major miner of the stuff as well.

Been stacking nickels and the miners since 89. Hasn't really paid off let, but that's a good thing, cause once it does, ah...

Once I even had a real nickel mining claim. Not many know that during ww2 we was even mining nickel in N.Cal. at one time it was paying better than the gold mines.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytal View Post
    I remember my dad jiggle his change. Those daze are gone.. I am a bit from 40 . It will end in my daze.
    I do remember that, do any still do that?
    Wanna have some fun:
    Load up some silver coins into your pocket and begin the jiggling in a crowd
    It's fascinating, people will always look around, always one or two will begin to look around to see where that silver sound is coming from

It seems to be a part of some peoples nature, they are not always aware of what they're looking around for, but they do understand they're hearing something special
    Honor for US, Justice for Our Children! Now!

Any tips on how/where to store a few hundred rolls of nickles?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHavok View Post
    Any tips on how/where to store a few hundred rolls of nickles?
    Five gallon buckets in the basement is my storage plan. No one finds them interesting. I had a couple of high school aged boys move us when we moved two years ago. They handled buckets off copper and nickel with no interest whatsoever, in fact they thought I was nuts. I moved guns, ammo and pm myself under cover of darkness so they would not be able to report their existence to anyone. They viewed the cents and nickels like rocks.
    Last edited by nergal; 09-11-2019 at 01:26 PM.

A bucket would be hard to move and if plastic the bottom can tear out. I use 30 cal ammo cans.

Quote Originally Posted by nergal View Post
    Five gallon buckets in the basement is my storage plan. No one finds them interesting.
    I like the bucket idea. Heavy to carry, so less likely to walk-off too easily.

Perhaps sealing the lids with a strong adhesive would make them less likely to be discovered for what they are?

Banks put $200 in nickels in a plastic bag from the coin counter machine. Good for the bottom layer of something you might want to make heavier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by suemarkp View Post
    A bucket would be hard to move and if plastic the bottom can tear out. I use 30 cal ammo cans.
    Yes, a bucket is hard to move. No, the bottom won't tear out, but there is a danger of the handle brackets breaking. Gotta move with care. Ammo cans? Every time I get one it fills with ammo, just like magic.

I found a face value source for .999 Canadian nickel, so dumped the American

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    pre 1982 cdn nickel worth 10.6 cents today becoz they're .999 nickel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12