Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 107

Thread: The Fed lost control

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,132

    Default

    Warren Buffett: we are seeing substantial inflation:

    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/co...-powell-yellen

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oak333 View Post
    Warren Buffett: we are seeing substantial inflation:

    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/co...-powell-yellen
    Yes, Id say 10-20% a yr minimum.
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

    The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

  3. #83

    Default

    This guy looks at it from the perspective of the Swiss national bank. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmuMwl2GCoE

    He makes an interesting observation about the SNB buying US blue chip stocks with their money printing. He also draws a big picture between the various central banks that is interesting.

    In the past (like 2008), I had considered the CHF as a better safe haven compared to the USD or Euro. When the rona hit town, I noticed that the CHF was being held at parity to the USD. At that time, I read that the SNB was buying Euros to keep the value down. Lately I noticed the CHF rising again. My eyes are open, but I don't think that I see the whole story at this time.

  4. #84

    Default

    One sources list of the tools that the Fed has to work with - https://www.yahoo.com/now/glossary-f...120337473.html

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,132

    Default

    Well..wherever you look there are only bad things: asset overvaluation,
    excessive money printing, huge debts, inflation looming.....etc etc.

    Let us have a simple look at history. Whenever the governments could not
    stabilize the economy and social problems, what did they do ? WAR.

    The danger of war is actually quite real. China prepares for war.

    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...stern-alliance

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,132

    Default

    It looks like the Fed lost control of inflation, at least in the short term.

    In the long term, the Fed is still hoping the inflation to be "transitory."

    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fe...ing-control-25

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oak333 View Post
    Well..wherever you look there are only bad things: asset overvaluation,
    excessive money printing, huge debts, inflation looming.....etc etc.

    Let us have a simple look at history. Whenever the governments could not
    stabilize the economy and social problems, what did they do ? WAR.

    The danger of war is actually quite real. China prepares for war.

    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...stern-alliance
    That's ok. All the matrices of the Modern Monetary economic and monetary theory are "in-line". War might be an incidental reset for the global elite. Of course, we'll bear the physical pain but that is to be (by them) expected.
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

    What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

    Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

    "Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

  8. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markpti View Post
    That's ok. All the matrices of the Modern Monetary economic and monetary theory are "in-line". War might be an incidental reset for the global elite. Of course, we'll bear the physical pain but that is to be (by them) expected.
    There will be no war between the nuclear armed. There may be proxy wars that are agreed secretly beforehand. ( parameters )
    The global elite, which includes their leaders, live very well, and why would they jeopardize that.
    They have viruses and climate change and domestic terrorism to keep the sheep in line, perpetually.
    Large scale warfare is destructive and its outcome is never certain. Always a chance of miscalculations, but I think there is a lot more communication
    and shared interest between the major powers ( rulers and influencers) than the media lets us believe. Of course just my opinion.

  9. #89

    Default

    What isn't Federal, is not a bank and has no reserves?

    The Federal Reserve Bank.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

    432Hz

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,132

    Default

    Senator Elizabeth Warren to Jerome Powell, the Chairman
    of the Federal Reserve:

    "You are a dangerous man. I will oppose your renomination."

    https://finance.yahoo.com/video/sen-...154642896.html

    Senator Elizabeth Warren was referring to Chair Jerome Powell for easing restrictions
    on the banks and making their balance sheets weaker.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •