Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Trade war

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markpti View Post
    I assume you mean Obama and Hillary and Libya?
    no no, they are only the broomsticks, I mean the real pilots, don't try to convince me you do not know who pilots the USplane.

    Golditiki2+++ ...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    no no, they are only the broomsticks, I mean the real pilots, don't try to convince me you do not know who pilots the USplane.

    Golditiki2+++ ...
    I don't know, enlighten us!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oak333 View Post
    It looks like the trade war between USA and China is only a component
    of a something bigger.

    Henry Kissinger says that the coming conflict is going to be worse than
    world wars:
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...rse-world-wars

    Jack Ma says the trade war can last 20 years.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ja...ion-has-peaked

    My note: I see here little justification for "renewed optimism."
    I think China can just "absorb" the United States, by continuing to encourage Banks, Insurance companies, pension funds and 401ks into their bonds and equities . In time, Americans will have such a "stake" in China's success that our base of investment citizenry will not permit our own government to hurt China and those investments. I call it....the "blob" theory (only without Steve McQueen).

    China uses those investments to build towards it's technological and military equivalency as well as cyber-securty strength. We are investing into serfdom. Go Figger!
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

    What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

    Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

    "Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markpti View Post
    I think China can just "absorb" the United States, by continuing to encourage Banks, Insurance companies, pension funds and 401ks into their bonds and equities . In time, Americans will have such a "stake" in China's success that our base of investment citizenry will not permit our own government to hurt China and those investments. I call it....the "blob" theory (only without Steve McQueen).

    China uses those investments to build towards it's technological and military equivalency as well as cyber-securty strength. We are investing into serfdom. Go Figger!
    "China's success??" China is dying on the vine. They bailed out their fifth bank over the past weekend.
    Metals are for Investors who take more risk with what’s Real, and less with what’s not. Author unknown

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhackNStack View Post
    "China's success??" China is dying on the vine. They bailed out their fifth bank over the past weekend.
    money is only paper, can be printed, the only thing which has value is what really exists. I know about companies who went bankrupt, but once the mills flipped (sold) to new owners, he mills restarted producing. The only victims were the former owners. That is happening everywhere all the time also in europe and the US.
    One of the sole existentialist problems nowadays is not to be trapped in such a flipgame.

    Golditiki2+++

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,129

    Default

    Interesting to see what USA and China exports to each other

    https://www.visualcapitalist.com/vis...-us-and-china/

    Among other things, USA exports cca 43 tonnes of gold to China.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oak333 View Post
    Interesting to see what USA and China exports to each other

    https://www.visualcapitalist.com/vis...-us-and-china/

    Among other things, USA exports cca 43 tonnes of gold to China.
    The trade war is nothing more than a dog and pony show. It has cost the U.S.A. around 16 billion the last time I checked. Powell has printed so much money from thin air in the last 2 months, it dwarfs the cost of the trade war. The real story is what the fed is doing. The distraction is Trump and he is good at getting people distracted. Give me a break, equities markets do not trade based off of optimism and pessimism concerning the trade war. That is so laughable.

  8. #28

    Default

    The Fed Is Buying Treasurys Again. Just Don’t Call It Quantitative Easing....Wall St. Journal, qe- the fed buys U.S. Treasuries from the U.S. government. Dont call it qe-banks are prime dealers of U.S. Treasuries so they have to bid at every auction. So some bank has to buy the remaining Treasuries that are left over at auction. That dries up their cash reserves which is happening fast because Trump is issuing record amounts of U.S. Treasuries. So it came to a head and banks didnt want to lend to each other because of reserve requirements. So the fed became the buyer of last resort for the repo market. The Fed's solution to that problem for now is to buy U.S. Treasuries from thin air from banks and build back their reserves. So banks are the middle man or it would be qe. QE is buying directly from the government and monetizing the debt from thin air. The reason why they are not calling it qe is because they are monetizing the debt through the banker middle man instead of directly going through the government. It is qe except now the bankers automatically get a cut for basically doing nothing.

  9. #29

    Default

    Larry Kudlow says Dec. 15 tariffs are ‘still on the table’

    The reality is those tariffs are still on the table,” White House economic advisor Larry Kudlow says.
    Kudlow’s comments come after The Wall Street Journal reported the U.S. was contemplating pushing back additional tariffs on Chinese goods set to take effect on Sunday.
    Bloomberg News also said China expected the U.S. to hold off on those extra levies.

    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/10/larr...the-table.html

  10. #30

    Default

    look like trump won

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •