Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade war

Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    ithe actual mode is a " freeze mode", because , Trump has to keep wallstreet satisfied for electorial reasons. But it is a dangerous twilight position because it also gives the " other" the time to react and look to be less vulnerable to the next attack. Xi knows Trump will restart his attacks as soon he is assured the economy is "great".
    The Trump tactics are to force the other to accept to negociate and force the other to accept his conditions but always keep a door open for himself to renegociate the "deal" question of being the one who holds the reins in his hands. The Trump diplomacy is a never ending negociation. All deals on the road to the future are binding the other but leaving the door open for himself, at least that is his aim.

Golditiki2+++
    is there any hope for peace in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by dukadan View Post
    Yes! When the USA stops bringing so called "peace" to other countries.
    The whole rapefugee problem we have in the EU was initiated by the USA: Thanks!

Interesting

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
    1 hour ago by Thomson Reuters
    (Adds details of China-U.S. June trade)

BEIJING, July 12 (Reuters) - China's trade surplus with the United States, a major source of friction with its biggest trading partner, rose 11% in June to $29.92 billion from $26.9 billion in May, customs data showed on Friday.

For the first half of 2019, China's trade surplus with the U.S. rose 5% to $140.48 billion, from $133.76 billion in the same period in 2018.

China's imports from the U.S. slumped 31.4% in June from a year earlier, following a near 27% drop in May. Its exports to the U.S. fell by a sharper 7.8% in June, compared with a decline of 4.2% in May.

June marked the first full month of higher U.S. tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods, which Washington announced weeks earlier after trade talks between the world's largest economies broke down.

Though both sides agreed in late June to resume negotiations, and Washington said it would hold off on additional levies, existing tariffs remain in place.

No timeframe has been set for the new round of trade talks, and the two sides remain at odds over significant issues needed for an agreement, raising the risk of a much longer and costlier battle that will weigh heavily on the global economy.

(For a more detailed story on China's June trade data, see )

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSilver View Post
    Yes! When the USA stops bringing so called "peace" to other countries.
    The whole rapefugee problem we have in the EU was initiated by the USA: Thanks!
    well not by the "US" but those who are in the Cockpit of the US nationplane...

Golditiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by dukadan View Post
    .........NO.....? I'm surprised you even ask. To want peace is to submit to others. Who wants to do that? It's not in our nature - at least not for many.
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

well not by the "US" but those who are in the Cockpit of the US nationplane...

Golditiki2+++

I assume you mean Obama and Hillary and Libya?
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

ithe actual mode is a " freeze mode", because , Trump has to keep wallstreet satisfied for electorial reasons. But it is a dangerous twilight position because it also gives the " other" the time to react and look to be less vulnerable to the next attack. Xi knows Trump will restart his attacks as soon he is assured the economy is "great".
    The Trump tactics are to force the other to accept to negociate and force the other to accept his conditions but always keep a door open for himself to renegociate the "deal" question of being the one who holds the reins in his hands. The Trump diplomacy is a never ending negociation. All deals on the road to the future are binding the other but leaving the door open for himself, at least that is his aim.

Golditiki2+++
    China just devalued CNY to just over 7 /usd this seems meaningful there seems a push away from US monetary system regardless of sanctions threats

I wonder if they will devalue the usd next in retaliation to Yuan devaluation. I highly doubt it would be made public ahead of time. Please help refresh my memory why was the USD at 71 at the beginning of the great recession in 2008 then oil peaked July 3, 2008 to $145.29. By Christmas time 2008 oil traded at around 38$ plunged. Gold at the beginning of 08 traded at 833 then by March 08 hit 1000 by year end it was 880.

If we go back to 1985 gold held steady around 325 most of the year. But oil went from 120 in May 1980 to 64.58 February 1985. By March 1986 the price of oil was 25$ and the USD index was around 115.

Probably just confusing myself thinking about some correlation of the past in the quote below with the USD index but it does seem lowering the USD or even trumping the USD seems positive for gold.

The DXY decreased 0.0932 or 0.10% to 97.4288 on Tuesday August 6 from 97.5220 in the previous trading session. Historically, the United States Dollar reached an all time high of 164.72 in February of 1985 and a record low of 70.57 in March of 2008.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/currency

So you can see the masses chase commodities. Those oil prices were practically pre frac and shale, technology improved some, and oil is the master commodity. The interest rates in 85 were probably 7% for consumer, in 2008 they bottomed into zirp.

I think my point is going forward like this, if the debt keeps going parabolic, gold may just take the steps up in price as time progresses. I'm naively hoping it goes back into the 1200 range so I can spring for some more as I am woe to pay these prices.

It looks like the trade war between USA and China is only a component
    of a something bigger.

Henry Kissinger says that the coming conflict is going to be worse than
    world wars:
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...rse-world-wars

Jack Ma says the trade war can last 20 years.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ja...ion-has-peaked

My note: I see here little justification for "renewed optimism."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast