Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151959 ... LastLast

Thread: You cannot ignore economic reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver and Gold View Post
    New recession warning: The rich aren’t spending

A sudden pullback in spending among the wealthy could cascade down to the rest of the economy and create a further drag on growth.
    High-end real estate is having its worst year since the financial crisis.
    Luxury retailers are struggling while discounters like Walmart and Target thrive.
    At this month’s massive Pebble Beach car auctions, the most expensive cars faltered on the block.
    In the first half of 2019, art auction sales were down for the first time in years.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/28/the-...ion-ahead.html
    The conclusion is wrong. The very wealthy are increasing their liquidity so that when everything goes on sale in the next 6 months to 2 years then they can buy lots and start the cycle all over again.
    The wealth gap will continue to increase as the people late to the party ( mostly everyone else ) will be the ones that are harvested.

Warning sign less freight is moving across america.

Second trucking company announces shutdown in 24 hours

A Georgia-based trucking company has announced that they are closing down permanently — and the news comes within hours of another major trucking company closure.

Ellenwood, Georgia-based trucking company Ready Trucking will be closed for good as of Friday, August 30, according to an employee CDLLife spoke with on the phone

So far, 2019 has seen multiple trucking companies — both large and small — close, including Falcon Transport, LME, and NEMF.

On Tuesday, August 27, news of the closure of Denver, Colorado-based trucking company HVH Transportation emerged. As HVH employed more than 300 drivers, the abrupt company closure left many in the trucking community surprised and concerned for the welfare of the displaced drivers.

Several drivers began reporting on Tuesday that their fuel cards were shut off, effectively leaving some drivers stranded out on the road.
    Last edited by Silver and Gold; 08-30-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver and Gold View Post
    Warning sign less freight is moving across america.

Second trucking company announces shutdown in 24 hours

A Georgia-based trucking company has announced that they are closing down permanently — and the news comes within hours of another major trucking company closure.

Ellenwood, Georgia-based trucking company Ready Trucking will be closed for good as of Friday, August 30, according to an employee CDLLife spoke with on the phone

So far, 2019 has seen multiple trucking companies — both large and small — close, including Falcon Transport, LME, and NEMF.

On Tuesday, August 27, news of the closure of Denver, Colorado-based trucking company HVH Transportation emerged. As HVH employed more than 300 drivers, the abrupt company closure left many in the trucking community surprised and concerned for the welfare of the displaced drivers.

Several drivers began reporting on Tuesday that their fuel cards were shut off, effectively leaving some drivers stranded out on the road.
    Interesting observation. I hope we can all keep our eyes out to see if this really becomes a trend moving toward cascade. Two companies going out is not a trend, but could be a start. Too, it could be poorly managed operations, couldn't it. I'll pay more attention on-going. Thanks
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

"Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Markpti View Post
    Interesting observation. I hope we can all keep our eyes out to see if this really becomes a trend moving toward cascade. Two companies going out is not a trend, but could be a start. Too, it could be poorly managed operations, couldn't it. I'll pay more attention on-going. Thanks

What about the others

In the second quarter of 2019, the Postal Service moved 47 million fewer packages than it did during the same period in 2018 — a decline of 3.2%.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Right, and since the cost of 4G and the Android platforms have become so cheap for both phone and service...

It's a trade off/wash.
    If you use electronic toys/garbage, yes.

US consumer sentiment falls to 89.8 in August for biggest monthly drop since 2012

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/30/us-c...019-final.html

Quote Originally Posted by nergal View Post
    If you use electronic toys/garbage, yes.
    Of course I was being sarcastic. The older I get the more I dislike having to use high tech for banking and such. So yes they gotta give it away aventally.

But I just got some blood test done. On the net I see where one can have their blood tested at independent licenced accredited labs for a average cost of $100 a test, including my two test, one that should of only cost $25. I was billed $700 from a local lab that also does medicare patients.

The biggest inflation makers is government.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Ray Dalio warns of ‘serious problems’ and a bond ‘blow-off’ as a repeat of the late 1930s looms

Hedge fund kingpin Ray Dalio is warning that current conditions remind him of the Depression-era environment.
    He cited three factors: Ineffective central banks, high levels of debt and the U.S.-China conflict.
    Dalio previously predicted a “paradigm shift” that would benefit gold.
    His biggest funds are losing money this year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/30/ray-...ate-1930s.html

This doesn't look to me like 2 countries that are trying to make a deal......LOL

Trump’s 15% tariffs on $112 billion in Chinese goods take effect
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/01/trum...ke-effect.html

China starts to impose additional tariffs on some US goods
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/01/chin...-us-goods.html

Mass Layoffs Are Back. Are You At Risk?

It Has Already Begun
    Remember the mass layoffs of 2008 and 2009? When thousands of people instantly lost their jobs as companies started jettisoning workers?

Well, they’re back.

In 2019 so far, we’ve seen reductions-in-force reported across a number of industries from the likes of HSBC (4,750 jobs), Nissan (12,500 jobs) and Deutsche Bank (18,000 jobs). Other well-known brands letting employees go include Siemens, Uber, US Steel, Kellogg’s, Ford, Disney, and United Airlines.

At this stage, it’s not (yet) like the carnage seen during the Great Recession. Remember how god-awful scary this was, as hundreds of thousands of people were laid off every month for two years?

https://www.peakprosperity.com/mass-...e-you-at-risk/