Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RMC bankrupt

Quote Originally Posted by T money View Post
    Strongly agreed on that point. I've never, ever understood any appeal that anyone would have to agree to have the seller hold one's bullion in their vault in some far off place where you never see it and hence have no confirmation it actually is there or not.
    I am beginning to look into precious metal IRA accounts. It seems that for one of them to work, you are required to have someone else hold it. This does not give me comfort, but it may create a necessity.

Yes, this is interesting news. I heard that RMC had some problems but never thought that they would go bankrupt.

A bit of a necro post but there is news on the 20 million dollar claw back ripple effect that continues on even today with refiners who did business with Republic.

https://peaseandcurren.com/blog/2021...ic-bankruptcy/

Quote Originally Posted by eljefe View Post
    South Florida is huge with shady characters and underworld activity. Valcambi will give them access to the Money laundering crowd and drug dealers who buy bullion to conceal ill gotten gains. Think about it how much space does 1 million dollars cash takes up VS Gold and Silver. They don't care what price fluctuations occur since its all money they need to dispose of.
    Silver takes up a lot more space than cash.
    Weight too, nobody has ever gotten a hernia lifting a million in cash.

Quote Originally Posted by insidedealer View Post
    Silver takes up a lot more space than cash.
    Weight too, nobody has ever gotten a hernia lifting a million in cash.
    a million dollar bills weighs roughly a ton.
    “The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”
    Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, January 2008
    This is no longer posted in the Fed Minutes of January 2008, but still quoted here - https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna22592939. The FOMC minutes still quote MR. Reifschneider. as stating the same thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123