Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RMC bankrupt

Quote Originally Posted by Mytal View Post
    Thanks max, yes it was NTR, not RMC I was wrong.
    RMC just had a very huge inventory discrepancy and bad accounting practice which lead to their demise.
    I remember all the hoopla that went on back with NTR
    I think Max was saying that RMC was NTR in the past, but that's not true right? NTR was owned by Elemetal, and was involved in buying illegally mined gold from South America: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...195552089.html

Quote Originally Posted by Phronesis View Post
    I think Max was saying that RMC was NTR in the past, but that's not true right? NTR was owned by Elemental, and was involved in buying illegally mined gold from South America: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article195552089.html
    Yes correct. I had NTR confused with RMC
    Last edited by Mytal; 11-07-2018 at 11:57 AM.

It makes sense. Valcambi is buying themselves a bigger presence in the U.S. I would venture to guess that the retail bullion market for silver in the U.S. is much bigger than the European one.

Seems a lot of RMC bars out of stock, I recieved one yesterday that is no longer in stock today. I doubt they will use the RMC brand for future products, it will probably be Valcambi from now on.

Allot of entities are bankrupt, it's just that they have cash flows to keep the debt obligation going, and when they don't?, this happens. Valcambi is just absorbing them, they are big refiner, and will do well to have a presence in Florida with it's ties to the underworlds or countries south of America, and closer to some larger silver miners too. And, yeah true, Americans like to buy American, look for Valcambi products to become more competitively priced, or maybe they'll just keep the name, as we are definitely a republic.

I can't imagine why the brand of a particular "B" company metal would matter much in the grand scheme of things as long as it is pure. Meaning as long as the company didn't have a reputation for fakes or some issue like that. I say "B" company because I consider anything less than a government mint as less than the best. But that's just me.

I bought a few Sunshine rounds once because the premium was next to nothing. And I would rank Sunshine along with any of the above names later down the road as long as they were all pure .999, etc.
    Last edited by WhackNStack; 11-14-2018 at 05:15 PM.
    Metals are for Investors who take more risk with what’s Real, and less with what’s not. Author unknown

If yous don't hold it you don't own it. Hope nobody has their "metal" errrr paper lulz stored in the ole RCM vault.
    Buy Low Sell High

Keeping it simple with the Eagles, Maples and Krugs....

Quote Originally Posted by blitzdude View Post
    If yous don't hold it you don't own it. Hope nobody has their "metal" errrr paper lulz stored in the ole RCM vault.
    Strongly agreed on that point. I've never, ever understood any appeal that anyone would have to agree to have the seller hold one's bullion in their vault in some far off place where you never see it and hence have no confirmation it actually is there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
    It makes sense. Valcambi is buying themselves a bigger presence in the U.S. I would venture to guess that the retail bullion market for silver in the U.S. is much bigger than the European one.
    that's definitely true, silver is an american , gold a european habit.
    Here in europe gold is taxfree, silver depending on the country quite heavily taxed.
    In the champion of democracy country where i live, after yr income taxes, you are taxed 24 pct on everything you buy and in some cases you pay even 24 pct taxes on taxes...Gold is the exeption which confirms the rule.
    Gold isn't very popular in this country, probably because people have the impression that it is crap because they pay no taxes on it...

G:tiki2+++

Quote Originally Posted by everything1 View Post
    Allot of entities are bankrupt, it's just that they have cash flows to keep the debt obligation going, and when they don't?, this happens. Valcambi is just absorbing them, they are big refiner, and will do well to have a presence in Florida with it's ties to the underworlds or countries south of America, and closer to some larger silver miners too. And, yeah true, Americans like to buy American, look for Valcambi products to become more competitively priced, or maybe they'll just keep the name, as we are definitely a republic.
    South Florida is huge with shady characters and underworld activity. Valcambi will give them access to the Money laundering crowd and drug dealers who buy bullion to conceal ill gotten gains. Think about it how much space does 1 million dollars cash takes up VS Gold and Silver. They don't care what price fluctuations occur since its all money they need to dispose of.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast