Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Getting very Late in the Game...

Quote Originally Posted by silverone View Post
    Stagflation has been here for quite a while if you use 1970`s, or before, calculation of Real GDP and Inflation ( Real GDP would be negative or marginally above 0 for much of this century, and inflation would be around 2% higher ( some would argue more than double that)

That is with unbelievable fiscal and monetary stimulus. ( worldwide)

When one looks back at these years, they will find it unbelievable that most could not see the obvious bad times coming

Such is the lure of easy money. Dot Com and Housing bubbles to just name the two in recent memory that looked crazy in hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by brutus2 View Post
    Stagflation has been here for quite a while if you use 1970`s, or before, calculation of Real GDP and Inflation ( Real GDP would be negative or marginally above 0 for much of this century, and inflation would be around 2% higher ( some would argue more than double that)

That is with unbelievable fiscal and monetary stimulus. ( worldwide)

When one looks back at these years, they will find it unbelievable that most could not see the obvious bad times coming

Such is the lure of easy money. Dot Com and Housing bubbles to just name the two in recent memory that looked crazy in hindsight
    Like I've said before Brutus.. You KNOW it.. I also KNOW it. but, I won't TRY to Argue with the Fools anymore..
    Might as well be talking to the wall
    x3

Quote Originally Posted by silverone View Post
    Like I've said before Brutus.. You KNOW it.. I also KNOW it. but, I won't TRY to Argue with the Fools anymore..
    Might as well be talking to the wall

Good advice Silverone.

Quote Originally Posted by brutus2 View Post
    wow - talk about a high correlation. ( margin debt and stock market)

Scarier still is that a decrease in margin debt after a build up seems to happen just before a sharp sell off in market
    Margin debt went down in July. If it goes down in August, I will increase hedging in anticipation of correction.

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/...e-in-15-months

Margin debt went way higher in August to a record amount.

Guess I can relax about my hedging if this correlation is to be trusted.

https://www.finra.org/investors/lear...gin-statistics

I guess bugs for food is the next big push. I have seen quite a few stories extoling the nutritious value. Get ready for impossi-buggers.

Insects: The sustainable future of food and feed?

https://allianceforscience.cornell.e...WtsCPMl7rrS84M
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

i love me some mealworms. lolz

I would rather have some Cicada with a crop of Massospora cicadina in full bloom.
    Psilocybin Fungus on Cicada
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    I guess this way they can create more openly and directly, not need to have so many games to disguise what they actually are now already doing. In a way, a good thing, now it will be easier for more people to see just what the dollar now is.
    “Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none has been more effective than that which deludes them with paper money.”Daniel Webster (1782-1852)