Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Getting very Late in the Game...

One man's opinion on why the Biden infrastructure boost may fail -
    https://www.dlacalle.com/en/why-joe-...plan-may-fail/

I think that it is much easier to explain. Politicians tend to support their contributors more than the peasants they supposedly represent. The bulk of the money will go to their buddies, not the good of the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by silverone View Post
    Old Joe Biden>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgTNfPw2nM4

I Also Don't BUY it. Sorry.
    I am also in this camp, late in the game. There is, always the possibility of extra innings, but statistically significantly lower than just 9 innings.
    There are no new net jobs. These are only some of the people returning to their jobs that were suspended temporarily by the government.
    M2 has increased 4 fold this century while nominal GDP has only doubled.
    Traditionally M2 increased at, or below nominal GDP
    Excessive liquidity is the only thing that is holding up this house of cards. Can it go on for a while yet? sure, but soon the effects of ever lower interest rates will be over,
    and all the zombie companies and the ever increasing welfare state, will make it harder and harder for the productive people, and businesses, in aggregate, to make for positive growth in the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanferr View Post
    One thing worth considering at this point is if a whole "new game"...
    The "new game" has been underway for a while now. Lets take hospitals as an example. Doctors now make a much smaller percentage of the income compared to administrators. Lets look at manufacturing. Workers make a much smaller percentage of what executives make. Let's look at investments, wall street guys get the big bucks, retail investors get crumbs & pension funds buy up the mistakes that the fat cats need to unload. Government is the most extreme example. Buddies of politicians pocket lots & constituents get locked down.

Do more with less is the mantra for the working man. Have fun with unlimited funds is the mantra for the pigs who own the wolves who herd the sheep.

The response to Covid has been a wonderful catalyst for accelerating this trend.

Do you want to get the Fed's ear? There may be an opportunity - https://mises.org/power-market/now-y...visory-council

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPalm View Post
    Do you want to get the Fed's ear? There may be an opportunity - https://mises.org/power-market/now-y...visory-council
    Do I get to wear a nifty Brown Khaki shirt with a logo on the sleeve and my name over the pocket?
    Thomas Jefferson is credited with writing, “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” The seceding states in the Civil War period issued a similar declaration using the word “tyranny” as opposed to “injustice.”

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    Do I get to wear a nifty Brown Khaki shirt with a logo on the sleeve and my name over the pocket?
    I suppose that you could do that right now, if you so choose. Brown is not my best color.

Jokes aside, your point is well taken.

Quote Originally Posted by vertical1 View Post
    You are not a big fan of the Mises Institute eh?

I do not agree with your Mises = 1930s Germany

What is your issue with them?
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. -Mark Twain

The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -Leo Rosten

The Hedge posted a piece that originated at the Bear Trap Report, which is a pay service for information research. https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/we...tory-economics

It's a fairly interesting read that touches on the increased effect of politics in the markets, compared to traditional economic influences.

The fact that a site named bear trap report even exists, may be taken as a sign of being late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Miteysquirrel View Post
    You are not a big fan of the Mises Institute eh?

I do not agree with your Mises = 1930s Germany

What is your issue with them?
    I don't think that he was associating mises with that political movement. I think that the reference was to the Fed resembling that movement.

Obama/Biden must have done a really crappy job when they did their big infrastructure overhaul 2008-16. Why would we want to trust them to do it again in 2020?
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

I will not comply.

The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!