Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Commodity funds

  1. #31

    Default

    Absolutely you are correct.

    Even if outright theft of the money doesn't happen sooner than later, it is very very likely, imo, that capital controls will be imposed. Concern about capital controls on money in the US is perhaps the main reason I have not transferred funds there yet and am waiting and thinking about it before making that move. Besides it is difficult to get money into Costa Rica so I want to make sure that if I move it I'll actually use it and not just end up changing course and transferring it back here.

    One of the things I want to find out is how to get into commodities from a non-US bank. There must be a way, people all over the world participate in the market without a US bank, I would think.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Absolutely you are correct.

    Even if outright theft of the money doesn't happen sooner than later, it is very very likely, imo, that capital controls will be imposed. Concern about capital controls on money in the US is perhaps the main reason I have not transferred funds there yet and am waiting and thinking about it before making that move. Besides it is difficult to get money into Costa Rica so I want to make sure that if I move it I'll actually use it and not just end up changing course and transferring it back here.

    One of the things I want to find out is how to get into commodities from a non-US bank. There must be a way, people all over the world participate in the market without a US bank, I would think.
    You can move it all, or a piece at a time, into Bitcoin and pull it out and deposit it in Costa Rica.

    I also question a one world government not confiscating all wealth for their purposes.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

    I will not comply.

    The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    You can move it all, or a piece at a time, into Bitcoin and pull it out and deposit it in Costa Rica.

    I also question a one world government not confiscating all wealth for their purposes.
    Do you think if capital controls are put into place in the US that a person would be able to move money from a US bank into bitcoin?

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Do you think if capital controls are put into place in the US that a person would be able to move money from a US bank into bitcoin?
    There is no tax consequence to buy bitcoin
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

    I will not comply.

    The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    There is no tax consequence to buy bitcoin
    Iím not understanding your reply. Help please

  6. #36

    Default

    I guess I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking how to move money from one country to another safely with no consequences. Just fund a coin base account and buy bitcoin. Move it to another wallet and connect that wallet to a bank account where ever you are and sell the bitcoin and move your money to the bank in the new country. The risk of loss from fluctuations would be minimal as long as you didn't hold the bitcoin for an extended period. There is no country charge in the US to buy bitcoin, I don't know banking or bitcoin policies in Costa Rica, but I would think they would love the idea of you moving significant sums of money to their country.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

    I will not comply.

    The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

  7. #37

    Default

    Thanks Todd for the clarification. My concern was (is) that when the US puts capital controls in place blocking getting money out of the US. Funds that are in the US banking system.

    As far as Costa Rica goes, yes they like to get money into the country but it is difficult to bring it in due to FInCEN regulations.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ynot2k View Post
    Thanks Todd for the clarification. My concern was (is) that when the US puts capital controls in place blocking getting money out of the US. Funds that are in the US banking system.

    As far as Costa Rica goes, yes they like to get money into the country but it is difficult to bring it in due to FInCEN regulations.
    Make sure you have some outside their capital controls prior to the capitol control.
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    They passed a noble law
    Now the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet, axe and saw.

    I will not comply.

    The Tea Party... quietly plotting to take over the world,
    and leave you the hell alone!

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Make sure you have some outside their capital controls prior to the capitol control.
    I do and will, thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •