Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Disaster in venezuela

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chump Change View Post
    Like everything else, it'll work 'till it doesn't

    Who's into investing into a communist government?
    Some would say....Trump. Others, Hillary and the DNC. Depends upon the "stakes" and return potential.
    Who are the righteous? ....Markpti

    What value did Burisma think to gain by hiring Hunter Biden as a Board member vs ALL other choices?

    Those who cannot articulate the other argument do not fully understand their own argument.

    "Much can be done by wise legislation and by resolute enforcement of the law. But still much more must be done
    by steady training of the individual - in conscience and character...." .......T. Roosevelt

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markpti View Post
    Some would say....Trump. Others, Hillary and the DNC. Depends upon the "stakes" and return potential.
    Yes, some WOULD say Hillary: https://mobile.twitter.com/kenvogel/...40398972063744

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    Here's some insight from Argentina's collapse a few years ago.

    Surviving Argentina’s Economic Collapse Part 1-3

    http://www.rapidtrends.com/surving-a...apse-part-1-3/

    GOLD!!

    Someone hit me in the head please because I messed up about the gold issue.

    Everyone wants to buy gold! “I buy gold. Pay cash” signs are everywhere, even on TV! I can’t believe I’m that silly! I just didn’t relate it to what I read here because they deal with junk gold, like jewelry, either stolen or sold because they needed the money, not the gold coins that you guys talk about. No one pays for the true value of the stuff, so big WARNING! Sign on people that are buying gold coins. Since it is impossible to determine the true mineral percentage of gold, small shops and dealers will pay for it as regular jewelry gold. What I would do if I were you: Besides gold coins, buy a lot of small gold rings and other jewelry. They should be less expensive than gold coins, and if the SHTF bad, you won’t be losing money, selling premium quality gold coins for the price of junk gold. If I could travel back in time, I’d buy a small bag of gold rings. Small time thieves will snatch gold chains right out of your neck and sell them at these small dealers found everywhere. This is VERY common at train stations, subways and other crowded areas.

    So, my advice, if you are preparing for a small economical crisis, gold coins make sense. You will keep the value of the stuff and be able to sell it for its actual cost to gold dealers or maybe other survivalists that know the true value of them. In my case, gold coins would have been an excellent investment, saving me from losing money when the local economy crashed. Even though things are bad, I can go to a bank down town and get paid for what a gold coin is truly worth, same goes for pure silver. But where I live, in my local area small time dealers will only pay you the value of junk gold, no matter what kind of gold you have. So, I’d have to say that if TSHTF bad, gold jewelry is a better trade item than gold coins.
    I'm thinking small denomination US dollars would be a better bet in a collapse situation in a foreign country.

    Most people will recognize it as their currency is valued against it.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercoin View Post
    I'm thinking small denomination US dollars would be a better bet in a collapse situation in a foreign country.

    Most people will recognize it as their currency is valued against it.
    so you think for in a foreign country someone with foresight and stacking a few packs of paper USD singles, fives and tens would be the answer?

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redraspberry View Post
    Here's some insight from Argentina's collapse a few years ago.

    Surviving Argentina’s Economic Collapse Part 1-3

    http://www.rapidtrends.com/surving-a...apse-part-1-3/

    GOLD!!

    Someone hit me in the head please because I messed up about the gold issue.

    Everyone wants to buy gold! “I buy gold. Pay cash” signs are everywhere, even on TV! I can’t believe I’m that silly! I just didn’t relate it to what I read here because they deal with junk gold, like jewelry, either stolen or sold because they needed the money, not the gold coins that you guys talk about. No one pays for the true value of the stuff, so big WARNING! Sign on people that are buying gold coins. Since it is impossible to determine the true mineral percentage of gold, small shops and dealers will pay for it as regular jewelry gold. What I would do if I were you: Besides gold coins, buy a lot of small gold rings and other jewelry. They should be less expensive than gold coins, and if the SHTF bad, you won’t be losing money, selling premium quality gold coins for the price of junk gold. If I could travel back in time, I’d buy a small bag of gold rings. Small time thieves will snatch gold chains right out of your neck and sell them at these small dealers found everywhere. This is VERY common at train stations, subways and other crowded areas.

    So, my advice, if you are preparing for a small economical crisis, gold coins make sense. You will keep the value of the stuff and be able to sell it for its actual cost to gold dealers or maybe other survivalists that know the true value of them. In my case, gold coins would have been an excellent investment, saving me from losing money when the local economy crashed. Even though things are bad, I can go to a bank down town and get paid for what a gold coin is truly worth, same goes for pure silver. But where I live, in my local area small time dealers will only pay you the value of junk gold, no matter what kind of gold you have. So, I’d have to say that if TSHTF bad, gold jewelry is a better trade item than gold coins.

    I can agree that in dearth, you might not get for yr goldcoins their real value, and common junk jewelry locally a better currency, provided people know the carat of the junkjewelry, but if you don't have GOLD under whatever mode, you might maybe delve your own grave with your bare hands.

    Golditiki2+++

  6. #16

    Default

    Just had a realization that this whole Venezuela thing is all Trumps fault. Well that's the way the MSM has been spinning it.

    Several times now on the MSM that I watch and read has really leaned to say/report Venezuela's problems being due to low gas prices. (I/we know it's socialism) but the low gas prices is because of Trump and alike (capitalist, fracking/pipe lines) so its all Trumps fault.

    And several times now I've also read/hear the MSM actually say... "the socialist country", but then use the fact of low gas prices for its failings.
    Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westerner View Post
    Just had a realization that this whole Venezuela thing is all Trumps fault. Well that's the way the MSM has been spinning it.

    Several times now on the MSM that I watch and read has really leaned to say/report Venezuela's problems being due to low gas prices. (I/we know it's socialism) but the low gas prices is because of Trump and alike (capitalist, fracking/pipe lines) so its all Trumps fault.

    And several times now I've also read/hear the MSM actually say... "the socialist country", but then use the fact of low gas prices for its failings.
    Venezuela has bigger oil reserves than Saoudi Arabia. The Financial Orchestra is preparing us for a "democratic" replacement of Maduro with a US strawman. The Orchestra knows how to get to their goal , the scenario is wellknown. The loot is too big to be left in the hands of the "People".

    Controlling Venezuela allows the US to get out of the grip of the ME oildictated policy which demands heavy taxefforts.

    Golditiki2+++

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golditiki2 View Post
    Venezuela has bigger oil reserves than Saoudi Arabia. The Financial Orchestra is preparing us for a "democratic" replacement of Maduro with a US strawman. The Orchestra knows how to get to their goal , the scenario is wellknown. The loot is too big to be left in the hands of the "People".

    Controlling Venezuela allows the US to get out of the grip of the ME oildictated policy which demands heavy taxefforts.

    Golditiki2+++
    so true the scenario is so wellknown. Was Coup in Ukraine the last one? It is so obvious this time there are no secrets about it.
    Oh no another Syria? Assad must go.. Now Maduro must go.... Us troops going to Columbia?

    The way Guaido stood up is likened to Nancy Pelosi standing up and saying Trump you overstepped your bounds I am acting as new President then most all countries accept. That would be very funny. But in this case of Venezuela.. Russia and China support Maduro so its not so funny how this could spiral out of control. How will they bait the public on this one? Usually some bad event will be staged and more pressure blame on Maduro. People get killed all very sad the US is imposing this on other countries. Hopefully nothing bad happens. Can there ever be peace in the world?

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dukadan View Post
    so true the scenario is so wellknown. Was Coup in Ukraine the last one? It is so obvious this time there are no secrets about it.
    Oh no another Syria? Assad must go.. Now Maduro must go.... Us troops going to Columbia?

    The way Guaido stood up is likened to Nancy Pelosi standing up and saying Trump you overstepped your bounds I am acting as new President then most all countries accept. That would be very funny. But in this case of Venezuela.. Russia and China support Maduro so its not so funny how this could spiral out of control. How will they bait the public on this one? Usually some bad event will be staged and more pressure blame on Maduro. People get killed all very sad the US is imposing this on other countries. Hopefully nothing bad happens. Can there ever be peace in the world?
    Sit in yr chair and watch, there will be demonstrations, riotwaves, shootings, blamings, the media drummers have already contacted the "odd" man in the street they will intervieuw, they will show a pic of the killed Maduro shot by one of his own people and voilà, the oil will be democratically ours and the democratic wing will applaud like the conservative does.

    Note, I do not like the Maduro man, but the US intervention tactics to oust him are a too visible to be acceptable. The replacement candidate will be regarded upon as a ridiculous american caniche.

    Golditiki2+++

  10. #20

    Default

    $840M in gold bars prepared for loading onto Russian jet at Venezuelan airport: report

    https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia...awmaker-claims

    About 20 tons of gold from Venezuela's central bank was ready to be hauled away Tuesday on a Russian airline's Boeing 777 that landed in Caracas a day earlier, a Venezuelan lawmaker wrote on Twitter.

    The destination of the $840 million in gold bars was unknown, but a source told Bloomberg News that it represented about 20 percent of the country's holding of the metal. The gold was set aside for loading, the report said.
    What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

    432Hz

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •